Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who has the bad habit of picking. I sure do, every time I go to the bathroom I shut the door and go crazy. Picking at every little thing I have from black heads to pimples and I don't stop until I think they are gone. My husband gets on me about it but I just can't stop! :wall:

If you haven't seen it already:

www.stoppickingonme.com

Great advice to stop picking there. Reading about the damage it does to your skin is motivation to stop in itself.

www.stoppickingonme.com

Great advice to stop picking there. Reading about the damage it does to your skin is motivation to stop in itself.

Wow Siouxcat ... thanks for posting that. It was a shock, especially since I have realized the 2 periods in my life that I have started picking my face have been after I got out of serious relationships, one of which was borderline physically abusive (i hesitate to say that because I was not physically injured, more like taken advantage of) and one of which was seriously emotionally unhealthy and unstabl! Even when my acne was cystic (pre-Accutane) i didn't pick. But then came the men ... After I left my ex in December he started sabotaging my life and treating me worse and worse (we worked at the same place and lived in the same town so we saw quite a lot of each other), and it got to the point where I was picking EVERY SINGLE NIGHT ... for sometimes hours. I am NOT going to let that pigeonhole me!!! I am ALL DONE picking my face as of RIGHT NOW!!!! Thank you!!

www.stoppickingonme.com

Yes thank you for this site...I have read 4 pages so far. ^.^

whenever you have the urge to pick/touch stand still or sit down and think to yourself calmly "i know what this will do to my face, do i want that?" and that will probably stop you, it works for me