Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cindy

red marks look redder after hot shower!!!

Hey all, I was wondering if there was something I could put on immediately after showering to help redmarks be less visible...I'm going on a trip with friends soon, and I don't want them to see my red marks, at least not when they are bright red. My red marks take like 2 hours to return to light pink after I take a hot shower.

Is there like a cream that takes the red out, maybe not permanently, but just soothes the post-shower redness?

Hey all, I was wondering if there was something I could put on immediately after showering to help redmarks be less visible...I'm going on a trip with friends soon, and I don't want them to see my red marks, at least not when they are bright red. My red marks take like 2 hours to return to light pink after I take a hot shower.

Is there like a cream that takes the red out, maybe not permanently, but just soothes the post-shower redness?

Your best solution is to take a warm, not hot, shower. Seriously. :) It is more soothing, less drying, and less damaging.

Eucerin (I think) makes a redness relief lotion. I don't know how well it works.

yeah I have actually taken cold showers before just to avoid having a bright red face....and it sucks, but it works. I also heard the Eucerin redness line doesn't really work....

Maybe I'll just have to take cold showers for my entire trip.....

I noticed you're using various AHA products. I know they can keep the skin clear, however, could the acids be aggravating the situation? I find that after a glycolic peel or mask, my red marks are much more severe.

hmmmm...good call, good call. But I'm using the glycolics to help fade the red marks....so I don't know if I want to stop them. maybe I could for a few days..?

I don't think stopping the products will make a difference...

The marks are redder because of increased blood circulation due to the hot water

I guess colder showers would be the best bet...