Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helpmeout

big red spot on nose

i have been having this big red spot on my nose for a long time.

It's very noticeable up close and people be mistaking it for a pimple but i don't think its a pimple because its been there for a very long time. Even when i didn't have a pimple this area is still red!!!

Like I know when you have pimples before and you pop them you will get red marks left behind but this red mark is like very big!!! it covers a large spot on my nose. I'm not just talking just a small little spot because its big and i see people here complaining about a little small spot after their pimples but i have a huge one! My nose has always been my trouble area, always filled with black heads, oily, whiteheads, and big painful pimples usually occur on my nose. My forehead is pretty much clear, cheeks and chin mild little red spots nothing really noticeable...Can you guys tell me what this is!? Ill gladly provide more info for you if you need to know

i'm not sure if we have the same thing but my nose is also very sensitive and gets red easily; when i get a pimple on my nose, it get inflammed and really red w/ the mark lasting forever. every once in awhile i'll get another inflammation where the pimple was and then in a few days it will go away.

what product are you using? i would just leave it alone, no bp b/c i think it will irritate, and it should go away. if it's related to acne (you say you never had a pimple there before, maybe it's forming and will come soon) just use some bha, salicyclic acid, and if it isn't related to acne find something to get rid of the rednesss.. maybe aloe vera gel or makeup? atleast till it heals.

No i've had my share of pimples on that area on my nose for a while. Im just saying even when a pimple is not there that part of my nose is still red! While on my cheek or something if i had a pimple and I popped it, eventually it would not be red, but just turn into a little small red spot like a scar i guess...unlike my nose which still has a HUGE red spot!!!

by the way im not using any products right now...but im really considering using cetaphil. Is that good? Any recommendations? I want to clear this thing up!

No i've had my share of pimples on that area on my nose for a while. Im just saying even when a pimple is not there that part of my nose is still red! While on my cheek or something if i had a pimple and I popped it, eventually it would not be red, but just turn into a little small red spot like a scar i guess...unlike my nose which still has a HUGE red spot!!!

by the way im not using any products right now...but im really considering using cetaphil. Is that good? Any recommendations? I want to clear this thing up!

look up angioma. That is what i believe you have. these take years to go away if you dont go to a laser clinic. If this is indeed what you have, you are in luck! because one zap at the dermatologist will get rid of it forever!!! I had a couple of these, I had one zapped with a vbeam laser but there are a variety of lasers that can perform the task. If this is indeed what you have then you are lucky because they are very easy to get rid of and its permanent.

Hmmm

I think one reason the red spot might still be there is because whenever i get those pimples i try to pop them too early maybe causing it to scar? Could that be a reason?

Because I was clear, it's just ever since those pimples appear, it messed up my nose!

Hmmm

I think one reason the red spot might still be there is because whenever i get those pimples i try to pop them too early maybe causing it to scar? Could that be a reason?

Because I was clear, it's just ever since those pimples appear, it messed up my nose!

well is there anything i can do to help it not form any new pimples or to clear that area faster?

Because right now I'm not using any facial wash or moisturizers. Just water.

well is there anything i can do to help it not form any new pimples or to clear that area faster?

Because right now I'm not using any facial wash or moisturizers. Just water.

Its been a while now

I can't really tell because i really haven't noticed until now because alot of pimples formed there and I know its forming because i can feel the pain and it makes that area of my nose keep turning red.

But right now theres no pimple on that area and it's still red.

Little bump like what? little pimples?