Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fireinthehole

Does having super dry skin cause more breakouts?

I was just wondering if my face being overly dry due to the BP cause more break-outs due to my skin over-producing more oil then it's needed??

Thing is, I could never find a really great Moisturizer and I use BP 2.5% to kill the acne bacteria, I am content with the dry skin because my skin is naturally super oily. I only apply the BP to my cheeks, So having just my cheeks feeling dry ok to me. The only problem is that I am finding out that by having my skin dry, my skin will naturally producer MORE oil then needed and will cause me to break out even worse?????

oil doesn't necessarily cause acne for one. oil that gets trapped in yr pores and hardens or harbors bacteria is what causes acne. if yr skin is REALLY dry then yes it can. for one it irritates yr skin which can cause swelling and can close off pores trapping what is in there. the skin may not exfoliate on it's own and get trapped in the excess oil and harden and clog yr pores and cause issues. also, severely dehydrating yr skin can cause wrinkles and yr skin may not heal as well, which bp already interferes with as well. you really should moisturize. even if it's only once a day, at night so you don't have to worry about looking greasy, it's better to replace some of what yr stripping.