Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
black_converse

can you mix proetien powder and weight gain powder?

can u mix the two? im desperate to gain weight and would like to know! and is it okay to take powders while on the paleo diet?

I have no idea..but I'm curious: Are you a male or female? How old are you? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? How much weight do you want to gain?

can u mix the two? im desperate to gain weight and would like to know! and is it okay to take powders while on the paleo diet?

Most weight gainers already have protein in them. So its pointless. Look on the back of the product, it should say how many grams of protein your weight gainer has. Usually they already come with 50-75 grams of protein per serving.

I have no idea..but I'm curious: Are you a male or female? How old are you? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? How much weight do you want to gain?

However I am curious if taking weight gainers as opposed to just protein shakes will effect acne.

What are most weight gainers composed of? I used to take one that had over a 1000calories in a serving

It would make me break out and get oily, however I used to take it mixed with 2.5cups of milk, so the breakouts and oil might have been from the milk. I'm thinking of going back on the weight gainer and just mixing it with water.

Would weight gainer poweders have tons of gluten and omega 6??

Most weight gainers are full of crap, and as far as acne goes most will wreak havok on your skin.

You should either look for a mass gainer which is dairy free/gluten free and contains no simple sugars you will probably find these are non-existent. On the other hand you could get an egg white protein powder,rice protein powder or plain lactose free whey powder and make your own mass gainer.

You have to remember 'mass gainer' is just a word, you can make your own with far greater nutritional content without the added empty calories to get the calorie content up.

A normal egg protein powder may have around 200-250cal per serving, if you add around 450ml or rice milk thats another 300cal, if you then add a banana thats another 100cal, some dried fruit such as dried apple can add between 100-200cal.

There are plenty of acne friedly foods you can add to get a decent tasting weight gainer, which is low Gi/Gl, gluten/dairy free, and has a high amount of vitamins and minerals. It also costs alot less.

You could, you couldn't pay me to take a weight gainer though. I imagine there's plenty of protein in that weight gainer though. Weight gainers have plenty of fat, and high glycemic carbs that turn into fat rather quick. I think it'd be cheaper just to get your protein power and eat some cabs in a meal. There's too many calories in those weight gainers to do much good, u'r most likely to turn all those calories into fat.

for a good weight gainer try cytogainer by cytosport. But downside is it cointains iodine which in some peopl it will aggrivate acne/oiler skin. Also grilled MEAT is the answer and lots of it. eggs to but try to get the whites.

Forget weight gainers, their pointless, water weight blows. Just start with protein shakes:bars/diet. Best shake I know is MuscleMilk, best bar imo is ISS Pro42. The bars are way better and you can consume them fairly easy.

hmm okay i'm a girl and have not much idea on this but i seen my older brother do this he has protein powders and weight gainers and he's mixed them together before and also hes put in raw eggs. which i though was gross. but whatever. lol

:angel:

x