Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nobodys_somebody

New Years Resolution: NO MORE MAKEUP

so i`ve decided-- after NINETEEN MONTHS of everyday makeup-- to settle for my real skin.. i`ve gone from shiseido, to proactiv makeup, to neutrogena. .. and i`ve been criticized, insulted, and hurt from all these remarks.. . the proactiv regime made my face look shiny, with or without their makeup.. then i`d end up with dirt being stuck inside my pores on windy days, since my skin is so fragile and sensitive.. . the dirt, i`d assume turn into blackheads that i`d try to squeeze out, even if it caused scarring... and after giving up on proactiv [i`ve been on it for over two years] , and began dan`s regime [with makeup] , the results were much more improved.. . however, the make up i was using [neutrogena] still left few traces of "dirt" which became a hassle to pit out.. . soo i`ve gone 10 days today without makeup.. . and my skin feels much healthier.. i also hate how the makeup reflects on portraits [especially those taken at night] .. . i was hurt to see my uglilly masked faced with a group of clear faces.. and it hurt for others to ask what was up with my face... so i guess it`d just benefit me and my finances..

in addition, i dorm .. our bathrooms are communal. .. i hate going in with a face that appears clear (with makeup) and coming out with visible scars, red marks, etc.. i`d even leave the make up on for the whole night .. but i figured its not worth it..

three weeks of vacation.. i hope i can go back to school without the use of makeup.. [-(

More power to you!

For the most part (give or take a few days), I haven't left my house w/out makeup in 5 years!

Proactiv made my face shiny too. I have one picture where my face doesn't even look real.

Hope all goes well for you =D>

I never really wear make-up b/c it doesn't matter what brand I use, expensive or not, make-up is a definite cause of my acne for sure, sometimes I will wear make-up (by makeup i mean concealer/foundation, coz i always wear eyeshadow, mascara etc) to a party or event or whatever, but i can be guaranteed to break out pretty bad the next day.

you may find that not wearing make-up helps clear your skin significantly. then u can use makeup for special occasions but not all the time

People who wear a lot of makeup to cover their shit up aren't fooling anyone anyway.... i have a friend that does it and in pictures her face usually looks worse than mine with nothing on it

Good luck! biggrin.gif

Wow. That's pretty brave of you! I can't imagine going out w/o make-up. Although the idea would be nice. To not have to worry about it or check it. I hate the time that it takes to put it on. Gosh to just get up and go! I don't know what that is like. None of my friends wear make-up on a day to day basis.-they all have beautiful skin. If my skin ever clears up I would probably try it.-Sylva

thanks girls for the encouragement! i wish some of you could be in this with me too.. i realized that whenever i wash my make-up covered face, the foundation is not always 100% gone.. many of its traces are buried deep in the pores [ i guess this occurs after washing ur face with hot water, and you still have foundation on it].. most of my several open pores contain nothing but foundation particles.. and after having gone 11 days of no foundation, my forehead skin is smoother [ as in NO room for open pores! ] but i must admit that i need to start working on evening out my skin tone.. i know that the scars that i had prior my usage of dan`s regime are completely gone.. the scars i have now i believe are from the squeezing out of make-up dirt.. and i only use the regimen at night now.. during the day, i let my skin breathe.. in the mornings, i only wash it with purpose soap in the shower.. no blemishes/pimples so far [ i dont want to jinx that ] .. 11 days w/o one new acne formation.. HONESTLY.. i think i`m one of those ppl who aren`t foundation-compatible.. and it took me over 2 years to realize this! this one month vacation is devoted to anticipated change. . i really pray for it.. . i`m tired of pictures that reveal a masked face [esp in dim light] .. i`m tired of ppl staring at my cakey face while talking to them.. i`m tired of BUYING and APPLYING make up.. i`m tired of having to make excuses NOT to attend sleepovers, school retreats [which i really wanted to attend], and outside events under sunlight..

if the hermits, monks, nuns, can all stand being indoors, then we sure can too. find some indoor activity to do if you`re too shameful to go out with make - up.. and if i do go out, most of the time i bring a hat just in case.. make- up is so tempting.. [that`s why i`m gonna try going for hats that don`t touch my forehead, but still hide the marks i`m shameful of] i spent so much money on foundation for over two years.. now i get the point- it`s not for me.. it`s better to heal the scars than to hide them.. all we need is patience.. think : "it can be worse!" i`m not even going to try mineral-make up, cause what if a mineral particle ends up being stuck in an open pore when i`m in that hot shower again?

they say it`s better not to put so many different chemicals on your face.. i believe it`s true.. soo far.

you go girl.

i can't critize how you would look with makeup, but are you the type of girl who has a tendancy to apply makeup over makeup giving the appearance of an over-powdered look? the girls at my high school apply far too much makeup or lack the basics of makeup ethics; the point is, makeup doesn't always make a women beautiful it can work against you.

check the internet for tips on applying makeup providing you with a more natural yet radiant look. one website comes to mind, filled with extensive resources / information / and tips: www.ivillage.com

again, i can't judge a womans ability to apply makeup since i am a male, but i can be the one to tell what looks good or bad. i hope, after the 10 day makeup-free plan, my words can help you find more fitting methods to apply make up.

if bad goes to worst, you should consult other girls in your dorm for help.

my skin`s sooooo much better without makeup. i dont gotta worry about even the smallest dirt that comes from makeup hidden inside my pores.. i`ve gone almost 3 weeks now without it, and my skin`s smoother.. fortunately, i switched to blotcha`s clean and clear regime.. it`s seriously effective! i`m on my 3rd night.. look for the message boards and hopefully you`ll be convinced like i was.. NO MAKE UP helps so much, i actually go outside now.. when i go back to my dorm, i`ll start posting pictures.. here`s a link that really got me convinced : http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php...p=151122#151122

rabb1t`s pictures were amazing!

i also feel that Clean and Clear are products made for teenage skin.. and i know how johnson& johnson, its manufacturer, produces baby products ..

Its great that your skin stayed smooth and clear now that you've stop applying makeup. AT least, you know the root cause of your problem. As for me, I have never used makeup. Only for functions, and thats like, once every year/2 years. But I still suffer from acne. It has been clear for a month, but I want to give it time, as my acne always seem to reappear. And congrats to yuou