Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

I'm liking Yaz so far :D

I just wanted to give a little update on how Yaz is for me so far. =] Right now, i'm on my first month... on the placebo's, so i'll be starting a new pack on Sunday. I went on Yaz because my hormones were a little off balance and I was producing excess testosterone, which my doctor told me could be a huge cause of my acne and horrible moods, etc. I must say i'm really liking Yaz so far though.. the first couple weeks I got horrible migraines, but I was getting migraines before starting, so it might not even be from Yaz. My skin has not gotten any worse than it already is... with the help of minocycline, its clearing up daily (and I also understand that I probably won't see improvement in my skin from birth control pills until month 3 or 4.) Also, my boobs are getting bigger! :boogie::lol: So far, they are a half a cup bigger and hopefully still growing :P

Yaz surprisingly has been HELPING my horrible mood swings too. Usually I hear horrible things about birth control making people more crabby/emotional... but its been the opposite for me. In fact, i've been very happy and myself lately. :) My libido has not gone down at all either. So far so good! Oh, and I haven't had any spotting and my period came EXACTLY when it was suppose to. I hope things continue to go well. :D

Yaz is also used to treat PMDD (premenstrul dysphoric disorder) which is like super PMS that makes you crazy before your period. It recently got FDA approval to treat this condition. So it won't make you bitchy....it should actually really help with PMS symptoms and mood swings....and your skin, and your cramps...oh...and yeah....your boobs grow too.....

I've been on it for eight months and I ended up a whole cup size bigger. That happened to me on orthotricyclin to though....

I'm on my second month of Yaz and really loving it so far as well! I'm so glad to see people with positive things to say about it. Before going on it, I trolled this board up and down and there were really mixed reviews. I guess everything works differently for different people. But so far, I haven't had a single cyst (I used to have a couple a month). And my skin is looking much better (although, I have some scarring, so hopefully that will fade over time). I got a little out of whack the first couple weeks - moody and headaches - but it went away. I also suffer from PMDD as well as acne - so I'm glad that so far, this is combating both. Don't want to get my hopes up too high though :) I had no idea about it increasing your cup size! I hope mine don't get any bigger...although, it would be a really good excuse to splurge on new underwear... :)

Oh! One more thing though - I don't know if this has happened to anyone else or not - but while my cystic/papular acne seems to be gone - my perioral dermatitis (tiny little bumps around nose/mouth/chin) has freaked since I got on Yaz! I'll take it over the cysts though - a couple pin-head dots around your nose/mouth/chin are MUCH easier to cover up than those huge ugly cysts! Anyways - Has this happened to anyone else?

Hey everyone.

I'm about two and a half weeks into my second month of using Yaz. This is my first time using BCP. I didn't experience any spotting when my period was "supposed" to come, however I also found I didn't get my period when I started the placebo pills, and it was about the third one it came. I was told that it takes time for our bodies to adjust so I am not too worried. My obgyn was also saying how this was great for my skin b/c it like most birth control should help. I haven't seen any improvement in my skin though. I can't say that it's gotten worse, but it sure hasn't gotten better. I guess I need to give it more time; I hope it starts working soon! OH my boobs have gotten bigger too :) Which is good cos i'm a sad little A but now am still growing to where I feel more feminine haha! I've gained a bit weight...I think but nothing to complain about; all my clothes still fit :D Yeah...lets hope it helps with my skin, regulating my cycle (usually can go up to 3 months w/ no period) and my mood swings...no one wants to be around me around that TOM. haha

What's everyone using to wash their face? or skincare regimine I guess in general.

Does anyone know what the difference between Yaz and Yasmin are? Is Yaz the generic name for yasmin?

Nope! In fact, I think Yaz is a couple dollars more than Yasmin :lol: .... what Yaz is, is the "sister" of Yasmin... and its VERY low estrogen while yasmin is only just low estrogen. Also, Yaz has 4 day periods rather than 7. =]

Oh awesome! It's great to read such positive reviews over this...today will be my forth day on Yaz. *grins* And it makes your boobs bigger?? omg! Well thats a plus :boogie:

hey guys i just finished my first pack of yaz and people have been commenting no how clear my skin looks....BUT ive noticed my face is always puffy/swollen and i dont know what to do about this! should i go on to the second pack or am i having a wierd allergic reaction? now that ive been on the placebo pills for three days my face has gone back to normal and i look like me again...what should I do? i hate switching bcps aaaaaah!

Lily, the bigger boobs did NOT stay for me. Mine didn't feel all that much bigger at the time, but when I went off of birth control a couple months ago....there was a drastic size reduction in just a couple weeks. This is awful, but I want to go back on it mainly for that. I just decided I didn't want to pay $45-52 a month on birth control.

Lily, the bigger boobs did NOT stay for me. Mine didn't feel all that much bigger at the time, but when I went off of birth control a couple months ago....there was a drastic size reduction in just a couple weeks. This is awful, but I want to go back on it mainly for that. I just decided I didn't want to pay $45-52 a month on birth control.

hey guys i just finished my first pack of yaz and people have been commenting no how clear my skin looks....BUT ive noticed my face is always puffy/swollen and i dont know what to do about this! should i go on to the second pack or am i having a wierd allergic reaction? now that ive been on the placebo pills for three days my face has gone back to normal and i look like me again...what should I do? i hate switching bcps aaaaaah!

Hey Alina! My guess is that you are just getting water retention... probably from your body getting used to the BC. I say give it another month... I also experienced major eye swelling and face swelling when I first started on yaz... and also, when I went on prednisone (a steroid), that didn't help much either because that gave me major moon face :X:lol: Maybe you should call up your doctor and ask what to do.

Oh I'm sorry to confuse you! Lol... my swelling that was possibly caused by yaz when I first started (thats my only guess) went away completely... and now i've actually *dropped* water weight :P

Oh I'm sorry to confuse you! Lol... my swelling that was possibly caused by yaz when I first started (thats my only guess) went away completely... and now i've actually *dropped* water weight :P

Hi all,

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I am about to start Yaz tomorrow, as well. I haven't been on any BCPs, except for a short stint on OTC about a year ago.

I have mild/moderate breakouts which have been better controlled lately, but I can use any help I can get at this point, and wanted to get on BC anyways. I don't really need help in the boob department, being that I am already a D, but whatever :P

Thanks, glad to hear. I moved and got a new gyno and I asked her a lot of questions and she felt it would be a good choice to me, especially since I heard a lot of people had good success with treating acne. Also, I have noticed a bit more facial hair (luckily it is so light blonde, only I can really see it up close) too so hopefully this will help my hormones all together :)

I will be sure to check in with my progress.

well my gyno just called in yaz for me. im gonna start on it sunday. i had some reservation about going back on the pill because right now i have melasma so bad from years of being the pill but my gyno recommended it for other reasons as well as the acne so i said what the heck. besides i never tried this one before- she said the dose is much lower than the other ones i was on. she also called in spiro 50 mg. i think i might wanna try the yaz by itself first and see if it makes a difference and if not then i will add in spiro. ill have to see how it goes. wish me luck everyone.

p.s.

mandy-ann whats ur regimen now? how much have your break outs lessened? thanks.

Best of luck to you brown skin! I hope you like Yaz as much as I do.. just remember, it takes a few months for your body to get used to it so don't get discouraged.

My current regimen is washing my face with soap and applying jojoba oil as a moisturizer. I'll be starting accutane tomorrow, but at the moment, my face is mild. Not to mention, I used to break out all the time on my back chest and shoulders... that is all now 100% clear (knock on wood.)

Best of luck to you brown skin! I hope you like Yaz as much as I do.. just remember, it takes a few months for your body to get used to it so don't get discouraged.

My current regimen is washing my face with soap and applying jojoba oil as a moisturizer. I'll be starting accutane tomorrow, but at the moment, my face is mild. Not to mention, I used to break out all the time on my back chest and shoulders... that is all now 100% clear (knock on wood.)

hey MA! I didn't read all the replies, but I was on Yasmin before (same maker), and it gave me wicked daily migraines... I got to the point that I couldn't deal with it any more and so I switched, to OrthoTriCyclen-Lo, which gave me horrible mood swings.

I can't win! Hopefully you'll have a better experience than I did :)