Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mx123

Weight Lifting Supplements

Are there any ingredients I should be looking out for in weight lifting supplements that may cause acne?

Anyone got any recommendations for a good supplement that is fine to use?

Actually I would recommend not taking supplements and just eating more meat. Animal Protein contains Branched Chain Amino Acids that help reduce inflammation and reduce recovery time. If you do take a supplement get something with whey in it. But I don't recommend it. I know some people that are serious weight lifters and they swear by their low-carb high protein diet. They don't take supplements just eat more meat.

good question

I don't know of any universal acne causing ingredients - but as some are sensitive to milk you might want to stay away from casein protein powders. I think whey's derived from milk as well but i don't know if that matters.

a safe bet might be getting pure egg protein powder, but I hear it tastes nasty.

Are there any ingredients I should be looking out for in weight lifting supplements that may cause acne?

Anyone got any recommendations for a good supplement that is fine to use?

you need to take some protein supplement after lifting because whole food protein won't be released into your bloodstream fast enough

you need to take some protein supplement after lifting because whole food protein won't be released into your bloodstream fast enough

Im with Necro on this and ive not lifted for ages. Infact I buy Whey and creatine monohydrate (best form of it) and mix them together...even after a long lay off from the weights this simple combo rebuilds me slightly just sat on my ass. Best thing I found for muscle is warm up first then rep 4-6 twice (if u cant do 4 its not heavy enough and more then 6 is too heavy) by exchanging intensity for volume I got the best results. I also carb load for one meal (40grams) per week the rest of the week eat protein and a big salad each meal...and eat fruit in the morning on an empty belly. Basically low car medium protein and medium fat (fat to boost the calories lost from carbs) I cant help but build muscle and I was a 'hard gainer'...I stopped lifting tho...but started again this week to test if some stuff.

This is not true, I am not gonna explain, and quite honestly don't care, if you believe that than you can waste all of the money you want on protein supplements.

Here is an interesting story for all of you that wish to be strong, but never will...(Necromancer)

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/...cle-in-4-weeks/'

He describes what he did and it is all true.

It's not a necessity to take protein powders after training. In fact most professional bodybuilders eat real food after a workout. Whey protein digests rather fast, you want protein absorption to continue for a few hours after your workout. Carbs are important in post workout nutrition as well. Half your carb intake should be high glycemic simple carbs for this meal, and half should be slow digesting low glycemic carbs. The ideal is to quickly shift your metabolism from catabolism to anabolism. Protein is important too, it doesn't have t be from powders either, many many pro's prefer real whole foods compared to supplements.

Necro, what makes you so sure you're the strongest person on this forum? You can't make a claim like that without evidence.

This is not true, I am not gonna explain, and quite honestly don't care, if you believe that than you can waste all of the money you want on protein supplements.

Here is an interesting story for all of you that wish to be strong, but never will...(Necromancer)

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/...cle-in-4-weeks/'

He describes what he did and it is all true.

It's not a necessity to take protein powders after training. In fact most professional bodybuilders eat real food after a workout. Whey protein digests rather fast, you want protein absorption to continue for a few hours after your workout. Carbs are important in post workout nutrition as well. Half your carb intake should be high glycemic simple carbs for this meal, and half should be slow digesting low glycemic carbs. The ideal is to quickly shift your metabolism from catabolism to anabolism. Protein is important too, it doesn't have t be from powders either, many many pro's prefer real whole foods compared to supplements.

Necro, what makes you so sure you're the strongest person on this forum? You can't make a claim like that without evidence.

You might be pretty strong as well. But I doubt lbs for lbs anyone has a Big 3 more than me here. I know I am the strongest out of the thousands at my company and one of the strongest in Pittsburgh. I am afterall, pretty close to World Class Ranking in the deadlift. :) I think you got me in the bench. As for proof, I got videos on youtube. :) Case closed.

:ninja:

P.S. I do know I am stronger in every category compared to notadoctor. :razz:

You might be pretty strong as well. But I doubt lbs for lbs anyone has a Big 3 more than me here. I know I am the strongest out of the thousands at my company and one of the strongest in Pittsburgh. I am afterall, pretty close to World Class Ranking in the deadlift. :) I think you got me in the bench. As for proof, I got videos on youtube. :) Case closed.

It was directed at all of them. You are so full of B.S.

Link to the videos on youtube, and tell us your height and weight.

I know I am not a bodybuilder and don't claim to be, but you are just making shit up.

It was directed at all of them. You are so full of B.S.

Link to the videos on youtube, and tell us your height and weight.

I know I am not a bodybuilder and don't claim to be, but you are just making shit up.

When one refers to themselves as the strongest, it is a vague statement as being the strongest refers to a very wide array of areas, i think the statement should be rephrased to saying i am the strongest AT weightlifting, because strength has alot of differant definitions in a sporting envirnoment.

wow necro you are one coky guy. did u have a good father when you were growing up? u say you are the strongest and you think you are better than everyone huh. I bet all those muscles would go to waste if you tried some edurance sports or something that will really twist up your muscles in ways you wouldnt imagine. hey Ill be coky too. Hey Im a swimmer 50free is 23.43 sec I snowboard competivley. I also rockclimb. ww kayak downhill biking I also train kyokushin wuppieee. O and you once mentioned you race motorcycles yea.... what class and bike you ride. Man true bodybuilders arent coky like you and conceited. So what you think that you are better.. oooo hahah i see you have troubles with getting girls huh. dude just layoff everyones case.

case closed for necro :ninja::dance:

oo necro one more thing you posted those pics of urself all i got to say is hahaha. really i dont see anything impressive except the deadlift which i bet is done wrong anyway. healthy you say you are lets see your abdominal muscles ehh. and looks like you are carrying a bit of bodyfat there

oo necro one more thing you posted those pics of urself all i got to say is hahaha. really i dont see anything impressive except the deadlift which i bet is done wrong anyway. healthy you say you are lets see your abdominal muscles ehh. and looks like you are carrying a bit of bodyfat there

Eurotuner, im guessing your trying to imply that strength is relative to its field and i agree, but your sounding very arrogant in the way to come across also. Im not sure whether its your nationality but i think you need to phrase what you say alittle better. Notadoctor, it seems like necromancer really gets to you when he posts, If it annoys you too much that you cannot ignore it, perhaps you should prove his statements wrong, or improve on necromancers efforts.

One thing i will say though when refering to leg strength in relation to weight lifting, Take a look into Olympic Sprinters, Olympic track cyclists, or Olympic Speed Skaters. Pound for pound these guys bust out some pretty heavy weights, especially when they weigh between 70-85kg's , they also are doing weight as supplementary training rather than as their main training. Your looking at 700-800kg leg presses, 180-250kg squats. They also do some pretty heavy olympic lifts.

yea it probally is my nationality h20 I have been learning the english language about 5 years now. but i was trying to be as clear as I can. Its just people like necro really tick me off.