Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
atw2006

What laser treatment do you suggest?!?!

Hi, first I need to tell you how I got to the state I am in...I used to expose myself to ALOT of sun, but not on a regular basis...but one i spent my day in the swiming pool, I spent like 5-6hours straight under the sun...I have a white and very sensitive skin. After few years I noticed a Loss of elasticity, and some pink color on my nose and cheeks. Some girl suggested for me to go see a doctor, he gave me some random cream and said that I have Rosacea...the cream irritated my skin, went to a dermatologist, another cream...this time metronidazole, skin got irritated again...another doctor gave me Roacutane, made my skin super dry and HUGE mistake, it gave me these "holes" or maybe large pores?! on my skin.

Now my skin lost it's elasticity + "holes" or large pores + nose is pretty much bulby and red most of the time, specially when its hot, cheeks aswell. Now, im around 27 years old and my skin cant seem to recover its elasticity and it looks old, tired and discolored, I tried creams and whatnot..nothing, oh my skin is prone to acne, ONLY on the affected areas, which are nose, cheeks and chin.

will you please suggest a Laser treatment plan for my skin. Thank you and have a good day!

I would suggest IPL, it's good for sun damaged skin.

IPL technology improves the appearance of photoaged skin, removes age spots (sun-induced freckles), most benign brown pigments, and redness caused by broken capillaries through a process called photorejuvenation for face and body. The process is ideal for patients with active lifestyles because the procedure requires no downtime and has a low risk of side effects.

http://www.aesthetic.lumenis.com/wt/page/skin_ipl

IPL was a disaster for me. i had to go on accutane cause it caused acne so bad.

try www.fraxel.com there is a larger thread on it in fraxel forum. it improves texture and can help with rosacea and many other skin problems. its main thing is helping with sun damaged skin. see: http://www.shorelaser.com/FractionalAblativeLaser.html scroll down for rosacea pics.