Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple_Blossem

Blood Type Diet: What blood type are you??

Those who know their blood type post it here. Do you like eating a lot of meat? Are you a minimalist when it comes to beef and other meats? Or do you love steaks and hamburgers on a regular basis?

I'm type A and I've never really cared for hamburgers and other types of meat.

How did you get your blood tested?, is there any way to do it besides going to the doctor?

I don't really believe in the blood type diet thing, but I do want to know my blood type.

hmm just thinking here but in the wild we wouldnt know our blood type and wouldnt eat accordingly. Dont worry ill come into the 21st century soon!

"hmm just thinking here but in the wild we wouldnt know our blood type and wouldnt eat accordingly. Dont worry ill come into the 21st century soon!"

But you would know in the wild what seems to make you feel better or feel worse. This allows for the option of blood type dieting. If you are eating mostly raw vegetables/fruits in the wild because they make you feel the best then possibly there may be a correlation between what foods you are eating and your blood type. Of course we wouldn't know, but it could still be there. In my opinion I do not feel there is much connection between blood and diet, but by simplying saying we wouldn't know in the wild doesn't leave out the possibility of there being a connection.

Those who know their blood type post it here. Do you like eating a lot of meat? Are you a minimalist when it comes to beef and other meats? Or do you love steaks and hamburgers on a regular basis?

In my experience the blood type diet doesn't work at all.

I'm a Type A, which is supposed to basically be a vegetarian.

If I eat vegetarian, I feel awful. My energy tanks, I am constantly hungry, I get anxious and angry.

But if I eat tons of meat (I regularly eat over 2 lbs. a day of meat) I feel great.

It probably works for some people, but in my opinion it only works if by random chance your blood type diet matches up with your body's metabolism.

Ok... this is the most ridiculous idea/theory/diet I have ever heard of in history. Acne is so blown out of proportion that blood type is now a factor? Give me a break. Stick with the vegetarian diet and listen to my advice. :) Case closed.

:ninja:

This is all supposition, but I think the blood actually may have the potential to play a factor in diet. There are differences according to bloodtypes, i.e. different antigens on the surface of the blood cell, and these differences may interact with different types of food that you are eating. Eventually all types of foods are going to pass through your circulatory system so do not doubt, without conclusive evidence, that the blood type diet has no value. I personally feel there is probably very little chance that it plays a role in diet, but for what other reasons would we all have different blood types. It is evolutionarily advantageous for some reason, this many mutations would not be stable in the population. <--- this is way beyond my scope of knowledge of blood type with respect to survival of the fittest, but it is an interesting look at it.

yeah my naturopathic doctor gave me a list of foods to eat/avoid for the blood type diet. i am type B.. which is the most flexible. B's are supposedly able to tolerate dairy, so i was given fermented yogurt w/ probiotics to drink... and i started eating cheese again. but i think it broke me out pretty bad... (then again i started to eat bread again too).

i dunno if its really valid.. but i dont really stick to it. B's are supposed to avoid chicken and tomatoes, olives, and avocados....some of my most favourite healthy foods. i read up on the scientific basis behind it but meh... sometimes too much knowledge is a headache. i dont think the blood type diet would really affect my acne..

I am AB+...

I'm a vegetarian. I like to stay away from red meats and all meats.

I do eat fish and eggs though sometimes when I feel myself slipping, it helps.

I belong to blood type A too and have not been eating meat for a decade. I have no craving for meat/poultry. I love fish and occasionally some seafood.

I'm 0+, and since learning about the blood type diet, I avoid wheat which for me causes irritable bowel type symptoms. Apparently types A and AB are better off more veggie type

diet, B's and O's are supposed to do better on a higher protein diet. They have the enzymes

to digest meat better. B's are like the only type that can do some dairy without ill effects. O's

can have mozzarella and feta, goat cheeses though....B's and O's can have an awful time with

wheat and grains in general, excepting maybe oats, and brown rice is ok....

My family are O's and B's, the family I came from was O's and A's....I think it's an interesting

theory.

This always happens when the BTD comes up for discussion -- immediately people who haven't read any of the books or a single article about it start yelling "Bogus! Quackery! BS!"

Dr. D'Adamo cites all the research he's based the diet on. If you've got access to PubMed or a medical library, you can look up the journal articles (peer-reviewed medical journals) and read them yourself. If you don't have access to PubMed, you can still often get at least the abstract for most articles through Google or your local public library. And if you can't be bothered to even read the abstracts, why should anyone else bother to listen to your uninformed opinion?

That said, I'm type A. My husband is type O. We've each found that when we eat according to the guidelines for our blood types, we both feel and look healthier.

We've also both found that most of the foods on our "avoid" lists are foods that have caused us trouble since well before we heard of the blood type diet. I've known for more than 20 years that tomatoes don't agree with me, that dairy leaves me clearing my throat for hours after I eat it, and that red meat makes me feel stodgy and low-energy. And shazam shazam, three of the top avoids for blood type A are dairy, nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, eggplants), and red meat.

And type As aren't necessarily supposed to be vegetarian, although many of us thrive on a vegetarian diet -- the issue is avoiding red meat. Poultry and fish are fine, and in fact some fish are considered highly beneficial.