Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mnbv

Accutane update!

I have been on Accutane for quite awhile now. Since Nov. 15 I think? So 1.5 months. I'll say now I am very happy. biggrin.gif/ I started on 40 mg a day, and now I am up to 60mg. (after 1 mo) I really have not even been taking them consistantly, but the last few days I have. My derm said to take 80 mg one day, 40 mg the next. Not likeing the redness though. It is quite bad at times. Any questions? biggrin.gif

She want's you to take 80mg one day and 40mg the next? That's a little strange. Anyway - I'm glad to hear you are seeing some results. I really would stick to taking it consisitantly. The redness will fade, just be sure to keep hydrated and moisturize! Best of luck to ya!

I cant go out in public with moistuiser on though, it makes the redness much more apparent and really shiny. I have cetiphil sensitive skin. It is not ment to be a facial moisturiser, but I searched it and many people suggested it, so I got it. I guess I can put it on at night. (after I do my daily wash at night)

about the 40 and 80 mg issue, she said it dose not really matter when you take it, she even said it would be ok to take 2 40 mg at the same time. So said it is the doseage you have in the long run that matters. I dont think the redness will fade anytime soon though, as I am still taking accutane (and will for about 4 more months) and it has not gotten any better. Oh well, it looks a whole lot better then before.

So drinking water and moistuising will help redness while on accutane? This is my only complaint right now, so help/comments would be appreiated.