Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using dermablend cover creme for a while now, i find it a bit annoying though - sometimes i can see a "chalky" texture afterwards, and I have a lot of red blotches (poor healer :boohoo: ) from days gone by, which need to be covered up seperatley with a generic concealer stick. It seems to take me ages to get it looking convincing and hidden, could it be I'm using the wrong shade entirley and making this more difficult than it should be? Or perhaps a change of product?

Any advice at all would be great, thankyou folks!

p.s. nice to see recognition that men can wear make up too here :)

Estee Lauder maximum cover lightweight foundation is FAR better in my opinion, it's like you're not wearing makeup. Dermablend is like wearing a mask. I couldn't leave the house with that stuff on my face.

If it's the Setting Powder that's causing the chalky look, they recommend that after you brush off the powder, take a terrycloth facecloth. Barely dampen it with water (it should barely feel moist). Then gently dab the powdered area. This will remove some of the powdery look.

If your face isn't too oily (which will break down the Dermablend), you can try using the Dermablend without the Setting Powder. I found this to be OK as long as you're not applying it to a crease or fold in the skin.

Also, just one shade of Dermablend (or any other concealer) may not necessarily match your entire face. For me, the T-zone is a bit darker than my cheeks.

Last tip: I put a bit of Dermablend on my hand to warm it up. Then I use a very fine and somewhat stiff artists brush to dot the Dermablend onto individual marks. Finally, I use a concealer brush (#4) to blend the Dermblend very well into the adjacent skin while covering the scar (apply more Dermablend if necessary). With a bit of practice, it's quite a fast process even though I have quite a bit of scarring to cover.

Thanks for those thoughts heartless, unfortunatley its stuff i've already tried and seems to fail for me.

real maverick that stuff sounds brilliant, i was hoping to find some more posts on it but unfortunatley there isnt a lot of info on it out there :( but seen as you're an admin i might very well take your word for it and splash out, thankyou!

poorabest, since you're looking for alternatives to Dermablend....if you don't need the durability of Dermablend, then I personally use the following:

1. Smashbox stick concealer http://www.smashbox.com/index.cfm/fuseacti...c-f90f101f2e6d/ (I use 2 shades and blend them together for a perfect match)

2. Hide & Highlight by Morgen Schick http://cgi.ebay.ca/MORGEN-SCHICK-HIDE-HIGH...VQQcmdZViewItem Morgen is from the U.S., but I don't know where it's sold. In Canada, it's available on the Shopping Channel.

With both items, you use a brush to mix, apply and blend the products onto the skin. No setting powder, no powdery look and they both last all day (if you're skin isn't too oily).

I prefer these cream type of concealers as they conceal better than the liquid type of concealers. Both of the above are quick to use and they don't break me out.

Good luck.

thanks for your help heartless, I've come to the conclusion it most probably is the shade thats wrong i think, which makes it stand out.

Is anyone here enough of a Dermablend expert to give some advice if i put on a stripe of a couple of shades of Derma (and tell you what they are) to help me?

That'd be great, - but i'm guessing a pipe dream. I'm way too scared to go to a make up counter!