Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rileynash

Riley's Log

Hey, I'm Riley, a 21 year old female from Canada. Ive been struggling a lot in the past year with moderate acne. This problem just kind of appeared out of nowhere in the last year, I did not suffer from skin problems in high school. I finally broke down and went to my doctor today to talk to him about some possible treatment options. I really dislike going to the doctor, and the fact that I had to go out in public without my makeup in order for the appointment to be at all successful did not help matters, lol.

He prescribed an antibiotic for me to take for a month, and also birth control (Diane-35). I am not sexually active so I haven't been on any BC previously. So, hopefully today is the first day of the rest of my life without this problem, lol!

I would love to hear any experiences people have had with taking antibiotics for acne, and taking Diane-35.

Prayers for all of ya,

Riley :dance:

Hey, I'm Riley, a 21 year old female from Canada. Ive been struggling a lot in the past year with moderate acne. This problem just kind of appeared out of nowhere in the last year, I did not suffer from skin problems in high school. I finally broke down and went to my doctor today to talk to him about some possible treatment options. I really dislike going to the doctor, and the fact that I had to go out in public without my makeup in order for the appointment to be at all successful did not help matters, lol.

He prescribed an antibiotic for me to take for a month, and also birth control (Diane-35). I am not sexually active so I haven't been on any BC previously. So, hopefully today is the first day of the rest of my life without this problem, lol!

I would love to hear any experiences people have had with taking antibiotics for acne, and taking Diane-35.

Prayers for all of ya,

Riley :dance:

Ive been reading up on Dan's regimen, and Im definitely going to try that if this doesn't work. I hope your appointment goes well!

Hello Riley! What antibiotic are you taking? Ive been on 3 of them..Tetracycline, Minocycline, and now Doxycycline at the moment..They all worked really well for me, except for the Doxycycline..The Tetra and Mino cleared me up absolutely 100% for a few years, but my body because resistant to them, and every time my acne came back a little worse..Im not satisfied at all with the Doxycycline, Im 19 years old and I feel I shouldnt be waking up to new zits every other day! Im now waiting for Accutane..My acne is mild, but has become resistant to practically every other solution, so now I guess its time to take out the "Big guns" Scares me, but I want to finally have a clear face again! Good luck with your antibiotics! Keep in touch : )

Hello Riley! What antibiotic are you taking? Ive been on 3 of them..Tetracycline, Minocycline, and now Doxycycline at the moment..They all worked really well for me, except for the Doxycycline..The Tetra and Mino cleared me up absolutely 100% for a few years, but my body because resistant to them, and every time my acne came back a little worse..Im not satisfied at all with the Doxycycline, Im 19 years old and I feel I shouldnt be waking up to new zits every other day! Im now waiting for Accutane..My acne is mild, but has become resistant to practically every other solution, so now I guess its time to take out the "Big guns" Scares me, but I want to finally have a clear face again! Good luck with your antibiotics! Keep in touch : )

Hey guys, so Ive been on Monocycline for about a week now and I definitely see an improvement. After I stopped having to take two a day I didnt feel so sick anymore. The redness is improving and the actual quantity is definitely lower, yay!!

Riley

I think you should definitely take one in the morning and one at night... that gives a constant flow of antibiotics through your system then :teehee: my directions on my pill bottle even says "Take one in the morning and one in the evening"... good luck!

I have moderate acne and have been taking oxytetracycline for about 2 weeks and have started to see a real improvement, fortunately i didn't get the breakout period, but i did feel a bit crap for the first week. Hopefully i will be clear in time to go back for school in about 3wks. Now for those red marks...

Good luck!