Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ragz999

Help/Advice Please

I have a few bad cysts, but my main problem is my skin gets very dry cracks and bleeds (very painful).

Anyone got any ideas on:

1. What can I do to prevet dryness?

2. How can I speed up the wounded skin and make it heal faster (both external and internally)

Any ideas would be great

Hi there. I would say that you probably need some mositurizer and start taking vitamin e and omega 3. Try not to go in the sun too much if you are using a topical for your acne. I use retin a and if I go in the sun for like 10 minutes my face starts to burn. I use purpose moisturizer for my face but i've read that others like the product cetaphil (i think thats how you spell it). I try to only use it on my face when it gets very dry and starts to hurt because the whole point of the retin a is to dry your skin out and produce new cell turnover. If you are using a topical on your face maybe you are using too much? Try using it every other night until your face can handle using it daily. Also be very gentle with your face when you wash it. Do not scrub, trust me I learned the hard way. It can cause tears in your skin that hurt so bad! Well I hope that maybe this has helped you some. Good luck!

I have a few bad cysts, but my main problem is my skin gets very dry cracks and bleeds (very painful).

Anyone got any ideas on:

1. What can I do to prevet dryness?

2. How can I speed up the wounded skin and make it heal faster (both external and internally)

Any ideas would be great

1. Warm, not hot showers.
  2. Don't scrub the face.
  3. Apply oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizers! I'd use ones for 'sensitive skin' since acne-prone skin is sensitive.
  4. Avoid harsh cleansers, soaks, topicals, particularly those with alcohol in them.
  5. If you are not currently taking any supplements, and are not taking isotreninoin, try:
Multivitamin one a dayZinc Sulfate 220mg once a day for 60 days. Stop for 30 days. Then again for 60 days. Etc.Vitamin C 500mg twice a dayvitamin A 10,000IU once a day FOR THREE DAYS ONLY.

If you are taking isotrenoin omit the vitamin A but the other vitamins and minerals are safe.

Try to eat as many balanced meals as you can.

I was thinking of using natural oils in place of oil free moisturizers.

Jojoba, neem and tea tree are the three main choices....which do you think is best for my skin type?

Tea tree oil can be drying and irritating, so I would not pick this one. I've never used jojoba oil, though I've heard it's great and has anti-inflammatory properties. I would strongly recommend using a moisturizer at least twice a day. Currently, I'm loving complex 15 (which you can buy at CVS for about $6), or Dan is coming out with a new moisturizer with jojoba oil in it soon!

I love emu oil myself. I have not tried the jojoba but as stated above, I hear great things about it.