Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anybody used the Murad Acne Complex kit? It sounds too good to be true...so it probably is. If you've tried it, please let me know whether or not it works, and what type of acne you have.

I tried their system several years ago. It did not work for me. It is slickly marketed and IMO, mostly hype...expen$ive hype.

What njacobs said I tried so many over the counter crap it not even funny. The only thing that worked for me was to finally go see a doc/derm.

I tried the Murad kit, but bought it at Sephora. Within 1 week of using it, I had a pretty bad allergic reaction...and no results for blemishes. As a matter of fact, when I returned the kit (to a different Sephora) the girl told me that she wasn't surprised. She said that they had alot of complaints and returns of the Murad kit because of bad reactions. She also told me that 3 employees who worked there tried it....and broke out even more. I would not recommend it.

I tried the Murad kit, but bought it at Sephora. Within 1 week of using it, I had a pretty bad allergic reaction...and no results for blemishes. As a matter of fact, when I returned the kit (to a different Sephora) the girl told me that she wasn't surprised. She said that they had alot of complaints and returns of the Murad kit because of bad reactions. She also told me that 3 employees who worked there tried it....and broke out even more. I would not recommend it.

Oh well...I just ordered it yesterday to see if it would work or not. Wish I had seen this thread first! :-s

I've tried just about everything else and the only thing that really worked for me was Accutane. However, right now I don't have medical benefits and can't afford to go to a dermatologist let alone buy the Accutane outright.

Just like to say that Murad really really sucks. I spent about $200 on buying the acne complex kit (about 5 different lotions) and used it every day and night for about 2 months and it made my skin the worst it has ever been!! OMG!!! I was freaking out big time. And also, it would sting sooo much when i put it on.

So I was pretty disappointed. Am now trying a gluten/wheat/dairy free diet and so far seems to be working.

anyway, nice site guys. its so uplifting to read about others going through exactly what i am! cool cool

any good success stories at all? i mean if they sell so many of these things, and doesnt work for anybody, how do they get away with distributing the product and stay in business?

If there really was such a miracle cure discovered by science I don't think this board would even exist at this point.

i ordered the murad acne complex a few weeks ago, before i read this thread, so i was worried about getting a nasty breakout on it, but i got the thing yesterday, and i was reading the stuff it came with and it said to EXPECT a breakout 1-2 weeks into using the product, and give it the full month, to expect any results......could i trust that?