Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teid

Eating or Avoiding Oily foods?

Is it true that while you're on Tane you must avoid OILY FOODS? Im on my 3rd month now and such i avoided oily foods during my first 2 mos. but now can't resist eating OILY Foods.. will this affect my progress???!!! :think:

OILY FOODS like chocolates w/ nuts, fries, burgers, deep fried foods etc...

i think just avoid those deep fry foods... like hot chips and KFC, those are unhealthy.. but nuts is ok, just little amount daily should be good for ya.

You need to eat fat to be able to absorb the Accutane, but make sure it's healthy fat. Like from fatty fish, avacado, peanut butter, nuts and seeds, olive oil, etc. Even whole milk is okay in moderation.

Stay away from trans fats (like in fried foods), and don't go overboard on saturated fat.....so avoid fatty red meat, and fatty dairy like cream and butter (just use in moderation). Switch to a margarine that doesn't have trans fats in it (read the label and avoid any thing with the words "hydrogenated" or "partially hydrogenated" in the ingredient list.......

You triglycerides will go up, and there's not much you can do about it. Mine went up but never went above 100mg/dl.

Just try to eat healthy fats, and you'll be fine....

thanks for the Replies... so i should stay away from KFC, McDonalds and any fast food that serving deep fried oily foods... uhhmmm.. that's so sad that ive got to stay away from this just to wear beautiful skin... :snooty:

you don't have to avoid oily food while you are on accutane at all, the only reason to avoid these foods is because they are unhealthy, but that is true whether you are on accutane or not. they won't have any affect on the effectiveness of accutane.

I went on an "acne free" diet for a week and my acne went away almost completely. No sugar/grease/dairy/caffeine. :o

you don't have to avoid oily food while you are on accutane at all, the only reason to avoid these foods is because they are unhealthy, but that is true whether you are on accutane or not. they won't have any affect on the effectiveness of accutane.