Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Ladies [and Ben :P], what's your favorite cleanser?

Start naming them :D I'm using purpose soap at the moment.. but its getting a bit drying and irritating for me. I wonder if there's anything better that will be able to remove all the revlon colorstay off my face :P

i use SIMPLE SOFTENING CLEANSING MOUSSE. Its great! It takes every piece of my MMU off.

Hey good luck on your new regimen!^ Wow, your starting accutane very soon :boogie: Good Luck Mandy!

i wash with johnson and johnson head to toe baby wash to get my infallible off and then i use aveeno ultra calming foaming face cleanser, followed by the ultra calming moisturizer.. i was starting to get dry and switching to these products really seemed to help me :) HTH

TRIPLE LOLz on the Ben thing! :w00t:

my fav so far is Canus, which i know you want nothing to do with... i think it's actually calming everything down. my only problem with it is that it smells like milk (the unscented version,) which is repulsive.

im using Dove "cool moisture" cream cleanser (the kind with green tea and cucumber)

its SO good. if you have dry or flaky skin, this helps a lot. it takes your makeup off too, but you cant be stingy with it.

Cetaphil Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin, or Dan's Cleanser. Dan's is better at removing makeup than the Cetaphil, and lathers....while the Cetaphil is great for when I wake up in the morning and there's not much to wash off my face, except sweat and a little bit of sebum, and my moisturizer from the night before..........

Cold cream or baby wipes, no joke. Neither have worsened my breakouts and work soooo well. Just wash your face with cleanser after using them and you'll be squeaky clean.

I use plain old Cetaphil and follow up with a toner if there's anything left over. For eye makeup, I use some random remover (I think it's Maybelline, but I'm not sure) before I use my cleanser, so that it's washed off with the rest of my face.

Omg I definitely need a new cleanser or makeup remover! :( My poor face.. no wonder its been breaking out bad for the past couple days... I dont think my cleanser has been removing all of my revlon colorstay :wall: In fact, tonight.. I had to use a washcloth, wash my face 3 times.. and tone in between all those times just to get stuff off! It just wouldn't come off my face!

instead of just getting a different cleanser, you might want to consider using a make-up remover first and following up with a cleanser if necessary. that way you don't over-irritate your skin by washing several times with a washcloth. i used to be totally opposed to it. i would have liked for my regular cleanser to get everything off, but it just didn't cut it. i didn't follow up with toner, but while it looked like everything was off (after 2 washings,) if i would blow my nose, i would have make-up still on the tissue. using a cleansing oil has seriously been awesome. now i don't know what i would do without it. :lol:

Yeah I decided i'm sticking with my cleanser... i'll just buy soome ponds cold cream =] great reviews on MUA! [MUA is all different now by the way... its cute, I like it]

Yeah I decided i'm sticking with my cleanser... i'll just buy soome ponds cold cream =] great reviews on MUA! [MUA is all different now by the way... its cute, I like it]

My sister has that one. I tried it once (w/o her permission :whistle:) and it removed my makeup VERY well but it left a nasty oily residue. It felt as if it were clogging my pores. :confused:

Okay, NOW I bought it Ben :lol: I'm very excited to use it tonight... hopefully this will help take off my colorstay. How much do I need to use on my skin?