Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest ~Wolfy~

OK, I was wrong, you need to leave the lights on so you can check the time!

Day 7, Week 2

Skin: About a 10% marked improvement over the course of 7 days use. No new acne to report, redness is dieing down faster (healing), and skin tone is balancing.

My left cheek broke out, however, it was minor (few small red bumps and whiteheads). It is now healing.

As you all know, I was under a lot of emotional stress, which I attribute to my breakout on my left cheek.

Blackheads: Still there, may use AHA (on nose) in combination with light.

Hopefully will see better results next week!

Hmm, my email to Beauty Skin just gets returned after a while "Delivery Status Notification (Failure) "

Quick Update:

My face is really turning around. I haven't seen this much improvement in along time. My blackheads are dissipating, and breakout are infrequent.

My dad keeps complimenting my face.

This is only after 1 week, still seems early, but maybe this is what my skin needed?

I just have brown spots to deal with.

I am monitoring my pictures to check if I truly am improving, big turn around thus far.

Guest ~Wolfy~

It's probably mostly the red light at this stage, it's a really nice effect, and the red marks fade significantly more quickly and greatly improves skin tone.

The blue light is the real magic, and that takes weeks and weeks to really kick in. So don't get your hopes up yet though, you're probably going to get half a dozen breakouts or more before your skin gets there.

Day 15, Week 3

I have good and bad news:

The bad: Skin has been mean to me, got a big cyst between my eyes and is really inflammed, my left cheek continues to be really red/puffy and will not seem to go away.

The good: Not one pimple formed on the right side of my face, everything seems to be happening on my left, weird.

Alright guys, my beautyskin finally arrived today, almost 3 weeks since ive ordered it. I was not really happy about beautyskinusa's service to canada, they sent the unit out 5 days after I had paid but UPS didnt give me a call, the card that they left at my apartment was never found, beautyskin never gave me a tracking number, so I thought they did not send the unit yet. I only found out yesterday that they have tried to deliever it 3 times in the past 3 weeks so now Ive finally got the unit JUST barely before they were gonna send it back to the states.

Now the unit had a manufactured date of 2004, is that going to be a problem, even if its brand new so to speak?

Also I seem to have to do 2x15 on each side of my face in order to get good "coverage". What I mean by that is that if i sat there straight on my cheeks and the side of my face where my spots usually are dont feel heated. The manual says "use 15 minutes on each affected area". Does that mean I have to use 30~minutes overall to treat both side of my face evenly?

Anyhow, so far so good, my skin feels really warm when I sit about a foot away from the machine, hopefully Im using it right.

Just another question, right now on my left cheek I have this pimple underneath the skin thats not going away. Ive lessened the bump but its still quite red overall. Ive been using retin-a .1 on this spot for about a week, should I continue to use it at night when I sleep along with the beautyskin in the day time or should i just drop the cream totally?

Thanks for all the help. Im going to do what I can to stick to the schedule for this machine.

Guest ~Wolfy~
Also I seem to have to do 2x15 on each side of my face in order to get good "coverage". What I mean by that is that if i sat there straight on my cheeks and the side of my face where my spots usually are dont feel heated. The manual says "use 15 minutes on each affected area". Does that mean I have to use 30~minutes overall to treat both side of my face evenly?

Thanks for the help wolfy. What does "big IB" mean? Are you saying using retin-a with the lamp may make me break out more or will it help to totally eliminate any pbacteria?

Guest ~Wolfy~

I had an Initial Breakout (IB) from the retinoid (in my case a high dose of Retinyl palmitate).

I don't normally get any initial breakout from the lamp, although I do typically get breakouts that improve and slow on my lamp. But I haven't been on topical retinoids enough to know whether that was normal for me or not. (n.b. I had only just started using my lamp after some time off it, so I don't know whether it was significant or not.)

I did try it again a bit later with Retin-A but I was getting irritation from the Retin-A so I stopped that without getting a breakout or without seeing any positive results.

We haven't had enough people try the combination either, so I don't know. In principle it sounds like it would be a good idea though.

hey,

personally i wouldnt bother with the retin-a anymore unless it's been working so far, which i guess it hasnt. if you've tried it a few months and no improvement just ditch it.

good luck with your light treatment,

tim

Well the retin-a was okay for awhile with me. Whenever I get a breakout, i just put on a lot of retin-a, overtime the blemish dries out in a couple of weeks, my skin peels and at best my the area would look like it never had a pimple before.

So far the lamp is working okay. I do notice that my skin gets very warm during and right after each session. Im doing 15x2 for each side of my face in the morning and 2x15 again at night + 15 minutes for my nose and forehead, basically my front face.

I dont have any decent mirrors that are large enough in the house to reflect off from. Hopefully I will just get used to doing this one area at a time.

Do you guys think that distance from the lamp really matters? When im about a foot away my skin feels warm but if i go a bit closer my skin feels even warmer. Does that make the lamp work better? Am I in risk of overtreating if i lean a bit too close? I just want to make sure Im not overtreating or undertreating with the lamp.

Guest ~Wolfy~

It is brighter if you get closer; it's also less even.

I usually sit closer to mine, and reduce the time. I also move around to even out the colours.

Does brighter = better? I guess i should not move around that much, just make sure the light is on my face. But i find my face doesnt feel evenly "warmed" though, only a little part of it is warm and i have to move my face to get that warm spot all over.

Thanks for all help guys. My face has been okay this week. Im due for a vbeam session next month to get rid of my red marks. Hopefully that will go well.

Two more other questions, can the lamp make my skin a bit more even toned, less oily over time? And can it do anything for red marks no matter how old they are?

It will make your skin more evenly toned according to wolfy. Though, I cannot see how oil can be changed because the lights do not target sebaceous glands.

Red marks will decrease, it's the purpose of the blue light? Correct me if I am wrong.

It will make your skin more evenly toned according to wolfy. Though, I cannot see how oil can be changed because the lights do not target sebaceous glands.

Red marks will decrease, it's the purpose of the blue light? Correct me if I am wrong.

Im still quite worried/confused of whether or not Im getting maximum effecieny on my light treatment. When I sit directly infront of the beautyskin as I move my face within that a foot the centre portion of the lamp feels really warm, does that mean its "working" more on that warm spot? I know light is light, the heat from the bulbs shouldnt matter but is it possible that my red marks on the sides of my cheeks and the developing acne on my the side of my chin arent get enough "heat" from the centre spot of the lamp? Or should I rule out intensity of heat as a factor and just do 15 minutes of both sides of my face at a foot away?

Day 21, Week 4

70% Clearance Woot!

Left cheek is clearing up nicely. Just now dealing with acne in my T zone and jawline.

I am getting very excited! Finally something that's working!

So orgasmic, does it matter or not whether a spot feels "warm" or "heated"? Im gonna stay 6 feet exact now, not moving my face closer where it feels warm only in one spot at a time, and doing 15 minutes for both sides of my face. Is this good enough?

Congrats on your clearance. Only 4 weeks and you'll got so much out of this lamp. Amazing. Did you have any old red marks to begin with? Are they healing up?

Yes I had old red marks, while using the lamp I my left cheek broke out. It was remarkable how fast it healed! I even had some really deep red marks which are fading.

Heh, I always have my face close to the lamp. The warmth tells me what is getting hit. For some reason I like feeling the warmth. I am less than a foot away from the lamp.

15 minutes per side should be fine.