Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im depating whether to start a b5 regimen and at what dosage. The hair loss side effect worries me more than the diaharrea.

If I were to take 5mg a day of b5 how much fish oil should I take to prevent hair loss? Same at 10 mg?

Im depating whether to start a b5 regimen and at what dosage. The hair loss side effect worries me more than the diaharrea.

i dont think that the hairloss side effect has been proven 100%..i feel that most people hear about hair loss being a side effect and the paranoia sinks in and they may start to see hairloss or hair thinning even though it hasnt happend

i for one havent noticed any hair loss or any side effects from b5 what so ever

also it doesnt dry your skin out, it just makes it less oily...and im tired of people saying their lips are dry because of b5, its the winter time, duh! of course your lips are going to be dry!

And maybe its just natural hair loss too... I did a little more research and some sites say B5 is good for stopping hair loss... Cause sebum blocks the hair follicle... Maybe its the amount of the dosage

See below

Nutrition/Vitamins

Hair loss occurs when the diet is inadequate in the B vitamins - especially B6, biotin, inositol and folic acid; and the minerals magnesium, sulfur and zinc. The B vitamins, especially B5 (pantothenic acid and B3 (niacin), are especially important for hair growth.

I have been on b-5 for about 3 months and so far is it working great! I was on antibiotics and I became immune after years of taking them and usually when I stop I break out bad but now that I have been taking b-5 my face is more clear then it has been in about 2 years! also I have not noticed any hair loss I used 2 think my hair fell out alot but it hasn't been latley!! my skin is fairly dry though....my lips aren't dry just my skin but it is probably b-cuz of the winter anyways I love b-5! and a little dry skin doesn't bother me as much as a face full of zits!!

I think if you're worried about hairloss try biotin. I've been reading a little bit about it and am curently taking it during my accutane course. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of hairloss on b5, if the hairloss has to do with your scalp drying out. When I was on b5, my entire body dried out including my scalp, although I didn't notice hairloss (I was on 16-20g). Dry lips is was definetly a side effect for me. It was not a winter thing either, because I had dry lips for like 2 years straight while on b5. Just get some chapstick or something. If it's really bad, get aquaphor.

When I was on b5, my entire body dried out including my scalp, although I didn't notice hairloss (I was on 16-20g).  Dry lips is was definetly a side effect for me. It was not a winter thing either, because I had dry lips for like 2 years straight while on b5. Just get some chapstick or something. If it's really bad, get aquaphor.

I started taking 7.5g/day 5 days ago and have noticed that my pee is REALLY bright yellow (almost flourescent). Has anyone else had the same thing? I don't know if it's from the B5, but it seems to have started around the same time.

yea my pee is bright yellowish 2! I am surprized no 1 else has brought this up?? because everyones must be? lol! but it is frum the b-5 and it is ok it's just ur body flushing out the waste that it doesn't need b-cuz ur over dosing on b-5 but it is a water soluble vitiman so thats y it comes out in ur pee.... I think.... lol :-k

i just started this b5 about 2 weeks ago. and its working well so far. im not 100% clear yet, but my acne has reduced substantially. about the sideaffects. the irritated stomach doesnt kick in until maybe 3-4 days into the treatment. and at first it isnt bad at all, just very very minor irritation (not even painful, just grumbles) and softening of the bowel.

this week, the stomach irritation got more obvious. it still doesnt HURT, its just very annoying, because you diarrhea each time. and its not painful diarrhea, its just.... messy, ew. anyway, i havent had any hair loss as of yet. the only sideaffect ive noticed is the stomach irritation. but its really not as bad as i was expecting. not painful, just annoying.

oh, and about the bright yellow pee. yes, ive noticed this as well, but its not REALLY bright yellow until after i take my B50 complex. oh man, then its very bright.

for experiment, i skipped my b5 intake for one day, and observed my pee was just normal colored. then i took my B-50 complex, and it was hugely bright yellow. next day, i didnt take b50, and only took b5 powder. and my pee was yellowish, but not much so like when i took my b-50 complex.

I think if you're worried about hairloss try biotin. I've been reading a little bit about it and am curently taking it during my accutane course. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of hairloss on b5, if the hairloss has to do with your scalp drying out. When I was on b5, my entire body dried out including my scalp, although I didn't notice hairloss (I was on 16-20g).  Dry lips is was definetly a side effect for me. It was not a winter thing either, because I had dry lips for like 2 years straight while on b5. Just get some chapstick or something. If it's really bad, get aquaphor.