Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Neutralizing the ACV smell

Edit: I found some people say that they use Raspberry Vinegar as an alternative, would anyone like to try it? Look at the third post, it talks about it more. I hear it smells pretty good in relation and works the same.

__

Okay, straight up, the ACV smells bad (for a topical). I am trying to find a way to neutralize the smell or make it pleasant, or possibly finding something else with a similar pH (since that is what we are concerned about) that can work without smelling.

I know lemon juice works to neutralize the smell well, but it makes it somewhat sticky.

Have you found any other way? I am currently searching.

Is there a neutralizer that we can add, or something?

There are also different types of vinegar, perhaps all of them don't smell as bad. Any idea?

We can find a way, surely!

TTO won't help lol I have used it and wow very strong and overwhelming especialloy seeing as TTO is very strong to begin with.

I have read a bout using Lavendar oil to minimize the smell.

Thanks guys. I found something very interesting. Some people use Rasberry Vinegar instead of acv because of the smell issue.

Me:

Hey Kate,

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewt...e+cider+vinegar

Someone mentioned that you found a way to neutralize the smell of acv. I love using it but I can't stand the smell of it at all, it's almost as bad as the product is good! (if that made sense).

Do you have any suggestions? (besides lemon)

Thank ya much!

I just bought some raspberry vinegar. The smell is incredible and yummy, smells like raspberries. It's Balsamic Vinegar with raspberry's. I'll see how it goes. I could drink this stuff too :lol: Which I will probably do if it doesn't work so well on my face.

Works as good as acv so far, no bad smell, except that raspberry smell. Doesn't sting or anything but it says it's vinegar. But there is no oil production, the same way acv stopped it. But since they are both vinegar, both of these seem to be just fine. Just gladly there's no bad smell. I can see myself using this without feeling nauseous. I'll see how it goes over the next few days. :think:

let me know about the Raspberry Vinegar. I will have to look more into it .. bc I know the Raspberry Vinegar would be lacking Malic Acid which maybe why ppl are having such good luck with it and Malic Acid helps to detoxify the body. I guess Raspberry could be used if you really are gagging but idk if it has any AHA's in it like ACV does.

let me know about the Raspberry Vinegar. I will have to look more into it .. bc I know the Raspberry Vinegar would be lacking Malic Acid which maybe why ppl are having such good luck with it and Malic Acid helps to detoxify the body. I guess Raspberry could be used if you really are gagging but idk if it has any AHA's in it like ACV does.

i dont know why ppl are having such a problem with the smell, it smells for like 10 seconds on your face and then goes away.

i dont know why ppl are having such a problem with the smell, it smells for like 10 seconds on your face and then goes away.