Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trialbyfire

advice needed for body acne

I'm on Benzamycin which works great on my face, but I get acne on my body (mainly round the back of my neck) and was thinking of asking for oral anti biotics. anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

I can't give you any advice about oral anti-biotics cause i've never taken any of them. But I also just started Benzamycin and it's really drying out my skin because it's mixed with ethyl alcohol. Did you also experience pretty bad drying at first? and if you did how long until it got better?

thx.

I take Doryx (doxycycline). I had lots of blackheads and pimples on my back for about a year and a half. But within one week of taking doxycycline, I noticed my back cleared up, and in one month, it was completely smooth It's still smooth now....and it's been almost eight months. I've heard that antibiotics really help with body acne.

I also use Neutrogena Body Clear wash everyday just to make sure the pimples stay away!!

yeah use neutrogena body wash -- if you have minor acne on your back. You can try antibiotics but they're only temporary. Best one I used was minocycline, worked for about 5months.

I strongly suggest DIAL ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP WITH VITAMINS... Its a bodywash.. and use a sponge loufa... I had body acne last year.. started using this stuff.. And I never looked back since.. My body is 100% acne and red mark free... Im telling you.. acne products irritate your body too much.. Its not right for them to be there..

P.S - Ive been using the Dial Wash on my face for 1.5 weeks.. and havent had a new breakout since.. Wish me luck for new years

Thanks alot for the advice everyone

hey viper

I don't remember it drying my skin that bad since I started using it, but if you haven't used benzoyl peroxide before it could just be that your skin needs to get used to it. Benzamycin works really, really well for me though so i'd say its worth trying. good luck.

yeah use neutrogena body wash -- if you have minor acne on your back. You can try antibiotics but they're only temporary. Best one I used was minocycline, worked for about 5months.

Azur... I've been on mino for about 14 months and I remember it taking about 3 weeks or so to set in. It was so nice for the first few months, but started losing its great effects gradually over time (for me at least). Now it seems like it doesn't do much, but who knows? I'd probably have severe acne without this stuff.

can anyone explain where the hell this body acne came from? all of a sudden last year, i got spots all over my arms and back. they're not huge but they are soooooooooo ugly and annoying and prevent me from wearing tank tops and pretty dresses. i went shopping for a cute new years top today and everything looked disgusting because who wants to see acne on someone's back. and this is on a person with mild acne on my face. i just wish someone could tell me why this started happening all of a sudden last year! then maybe i could go back to the way it was. boo hooooooooo!

please, if anyone has done anything that works, let us know. i am taking doxycycline and putting klaron (a topical antibiotic) but nothing seems to help.

thanks!