Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_MaGic_DuSt_

hairstylists/hair experts in here plz!!!

i need help!

my hair used to be jet black. i bleached it twice in a about a 5 day period. i thought that the second time around it would be yellow-ish so that way i could color it with a regular hair color to ash blonde but my hair is still orangish. i was wondering what can be done? i don't have money to get the color out professionally... will waiting 2 weeks or so and bleaching it again will get the orange out? thanks!

You have a lot of layers of color to go thru, it may take several applications to get to the right level you want. The orange you see is part of the underlying pigment in the hair color you had originally. You need a protein treatment very badly. If you can't get to a salon to get a treatment, Infusium makes a decent one. Sebastian Potion 9 has a good combo of moisture and protein and you leave it on. I would do the treatment and give you hair abit of rest. This will help with the damage. You may need to use a higher volume of developer with your bleach. By volume I mean strength of developer : 10 vol, 20 vol, 30 vol, and 40 vol. I would suggest going to your local Sally's if you can't get to the salon. All the SA's are licensed cosmetologists and can help you.

The salon is the only answer, I'm afraid. Perhaps the hairdresser can still get you the colour you want - but if the damage is too much, at least you can get some treatment for it.

I think the next time round, just go to the salon. I think simple hair-dyeing can be done by yourself, but if it involves something trickier like bleaching, a hairdresser should do the job. Costs more, but at least, he/she's trained for it.

Oh, that totally sucks. I bleached my hair ONCE, and will never do it again. I ended up with a horrible orange poof of hair that made me want to cry. Now I try to be kind to my hair. I will never be a Jessica Simpson blonde. I've accepted it. Now I'm happy with my color... anything is better than that bleached-out poof.

Learn from it, I guess, and try not to repeat your mistake! :) Good luck!

i agree that it is best to go to a salon. especially if yr hair is longer. bleaching it again, even if you were to wait months could cause even more damage. a stylist can help you get as close to what you want with what you have and with the least amount of damage.

why don't you go as a hair model at a salon for a trainee hairdresser? It's far cheaper!

Thanks all of u!!

The funny thing is that I went through the *exact* same thing like this like 4 years ago. I had black hair, bleached it myself then had to end up going to a hair salon to get it corrected and my hair was TOTALLY fried, was breaking off and falling off when I would brush it.

I don't have an idea why I would do the same thing when I KNEW what would happen, well, actually I know why I did this because I'm broke and the fear of my mom finding out that I spent my parent's money for this, but now, I ended up spending their money on 3 boxes of hair color and now on top of it, i'll be getting it done professionally which will be around 100$(i'm getting it done this saturday morning). My dad told me that I should have let him know that I was planning making the same mistake again cos then he would've just said yes for me getting my hair done professionally.

why don't you go as a hair model at a salon for a trainee hairdresser? It's far cheaper!