Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarred4lyfe

How do you tell your BF to stop touching your face?

I love my boyfriend, he great but currently I've been breaking out alot and it making me really insecure and self conscious. Though I cant really complain cause I used to had cystic acne...and its bad but....its not as bad as it use to be

However my boyfriend loves touching my face...and I kind of hate It, cause I even try not to touch my face because they tell you not to cause you dont want the bacteria on your hands to creep onto your skin.

I wish I had smooth skin that he could caress but I dont and everytime I see his hand coming I duck and dodge like I'm in a freaking dodge ball game...and its reallly sad and embarassing..

Its sad to think that, he might be irritating my acne more just by touching my face, I mean that's the intimate parts of a relationships ya know.....that touchie, feely crap...How do I tell him...please dont touch my face....it just seems weird to me telling your bf that...I doan know..help!

You just gotta be straight up and tell him...if u guys are good for each other he'll understand. Its 10x worse to keep dodging him like that because if it was me i'd either be mad or i'd in turn become self-conscious because id wonder if its me.

I had to do the same thing with my husband. He also wanted to know why I didn't want to rest my face on his bare chest when we slept; he's a very snuggly and affectionate man. <33

I had to be straightforward with him, and he understood. I hope you can work everything out. ^^

Yep, I'm afraid you do have to tell him the truth. Dodging him like that may lead him to thinking that it's something he's done. Besides, you seem to have a great relationship going, so I'm sure he'll understand!

just tell him to knock that shit off!!! and if it hurts his feelings....good. Then maybe he will get the point.

my face has been a no touch zone since i was little..all about personal space for me..helped me out when the acne came because i didn't have to worry about him aggrivating it.

yeah, just be honest and ask him not to touch it and tell him why...hopefully you're comfortable enough to do that. good luck!

i told my fi to stop touching my face because i think it makes the breakouts worse. he usually doesn't anymore, but when he does, i tell him to stop it. he's your boyfriend, he'll understand.

I love my boyfriend, he great but currently I've been breaking out alot and it making me really insecure and self conscious. Though I cant really complain cause I used to had cystic acne...and its bad but....its not as bad as it use to be

However my boyfriend loves touching my face...and I kind of hate It, cause I even try not to touch my face because they tell you not to cause you dont want the bacteria on your hands to creep onto your skin.

I wish I had smooth skin that he could caress but I dont and everytime I see his hand coming I duck and dodge like I'm in a freaking dodge ball game...and its reallly sad and embarassing..

Its sad to think that, he might be irritating my acne more just by touching my face, I mean that's the intimate parts of a relationships ya know.....that touchie, feely crap...How do I tell him...please dont touch my face....it just seems weird to me telling your bf that...I doan know..help!

Oh I totally understand.... I had to ask my ex to stop touching my face; like TsunAmi said, it's not just about the acne for me (that's a big part of it), it's also about personal space. My face is a sensitive ussue with me. He couldn't understand why I recoiled every time he tried to caress my face. It WAS sad and embarrassing. I finally explained to him, and he was quite kind and understanding. Although sometimes he'd forget and I'd cringe and then he'd feel bad. :(

Just tell him it can cause you more breakouts and irritation, he will understand. If he doesn't, pop him in hiz jaw. :doh:

I am just like you. I guess the only thing to do is to tell our boyfriends why :)

A trick I like to use is using terms of "I". Avoid "you".

ex. I don't think my face should be touched or I'll break out.

It sounds less accusatory this way and he'll feel like he's doing you a favor. This also works for sex criticism.

Guest Calibos

yeah just tell him, i told my GF i hate my face being touched and she accepted it, its not the end of the world

I told my BF I didnt like my face being touched, he poked my cheek in a fun way and I got mad lol... so I said "you know I dont like my face being touched"... and he was like "waaaa??? I'm sorry!!" LOL... and I said "s'okay :) it's just another one of my weird quirks".... just make fun of yourself and joke around about it....

get on mino or tane. touching ur face doesnt really do that much.

I've been on tane....I'm not really that enthusiatic about going back on....but what's mino?

I'm with everyone else. Just tell him, he should understand. With me, my boyfriend KNOWS that my face is a no touching zone with or without make up. I do rest it on his chest when we sleep, though. But I've had acne since before I can remember, so my face has been a no-touch zone since before I can remember. I think even if I was 100% clear, I'd still just not like my face touched at this point. It's just something I'm used to by now, so it'd be weird to touch my face.

Just tell him the truth...

Say "Hey mister stop touching my face! It makes me uncomfortable."

That should help... Good Luck. ^_^

I'm with everyone else. Just tell him, he should understand. With me, my boyfriend KNOWS that my face is a no touching zone with or without make up. I do rest it on his chest when we sleep, though. But I've had acne since before I can remember, so my face has been a no-touch zone since before I can remember. I think even if I was 100% clear, I'd still just not like my face touched at this point. It's just something I'm used to by now, so it'd be weird to touch my face.

lol funny..I might used that one