Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I've been looking all over the place for any jojoba oil products but I can't find any. Anyone have any suggestions to find a good jojoba product (not online)? Also, how exactly is it used? I remember reading a thread on this awhile back but I couldn't find it. Thanks!

You should be able to find jojoba oil at a Trader Joe's, a natural or health food store, or the organic/natural body/skin/hair care section of fancier supermarkets.

GNC has jojoba oil. Also if you live in texas, or if you go any huge grocery store, they sometimes have beauty isles or organic isles where you can find jojoba oil, it's in the same place with all the herb bottles with green tea extracts, etc.

I like the 'now' brand because so little is needed, I heard jason's brand is good stuff too.

So I went tonight and got some at Vitamin Shoppe. This stuff is amazing so far, even though I think I put too much on (it took like 20 min to finally sink in). Romeo have you ever used it for sebum control? I really don't know if it's gonna work, I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning :).

So I went tonight and got some at Vitamin Shoppe. This stuff is amazing so far, even though I think I put too much on (it took like 20 min to finally sink in). Romeo have you ever used it for sebum control? I really don't know if it's gonna work, I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning :).

Well I put like 10X the recommended amount on and it feels fine right now after it finally soaked in, I'll wait a couple of hours and post then (and also tomorrow).

Well I put like 10X the recommended amount on and it feels fine right now after it finally soaked in, I'll wait a couple of hours and post then (and also tomorrow).

I think about 4-6 drops is ideal for my skin, though some of that gets absorbed into my hands instead of my face. I put the drops in my left palm, apply some to my eye area, then I dab the rest of it on my dry regions, then I use my fingers to massage it in really nice. It took me a while to get used to the jojoba oil loosening flakes when I applied it like this and my face felt kind of rough, but now I love it, it really has helped me to smooth out my skin over and above what AHA does. If you feel any grittiness when using jojoba oil, that's what I had for a couple of weeks, you can wipe the grit off pretty easily, and that went away as the jojoba oil helped me get rid of remaining dead skin flakes.

I think about 4-6 drops is ideal for my skin, though some of that gets absorbed into my hands instead of my face. I put the drops in my left palm, apply some to my eye area, then I dab the rest of it on my dry regions, then I use my fingers to massage it in really nice. It took me a while to get used to the jojoba oil loosening flakes when I applied it like this and my face felt kind of rough, but now I love it, it really has helped me to smooth out my skin over and above what AHA does. If you feel any grittiness when using jojoba oil, that's what I had for a couple of weeks, you can wipe the grit off pretty easily, and that went away as the jojoba oil helped me get rid of remaining dead skin flakes.

Yeah, I think my trouble applying it was due to the fact that I already had dry skin. It's hard to spread out so few over such a large area, you know? Have you tried using cotton swabs, or would that not make a difference?