Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CB07

Should I go back on Dairy products? Like whey protein?

I really need those calcium for strong bones. :) Has anyone taken any dairy products while on accutane? Plus can you tell me your experiences?

I really need those calcium for strong bones. :) Has anyone taken any dairy products while on accutane? Plus can you tell me your experiences?

I love dairy products, I felt actually better eating dairy products while on Tane because of strength of Tane. I didn't fear break outs related to dairy.

Food (unless you're allergic) is NOT linked to acne with any major study that has ever been done. So like everyone else was asking, why would you stop having dairy in the first place?

I find dairy to be a healthy part of my diet, milk has a ton of protein and nutrients. I get alot of my protein intake from milk (need tons of protein due to lifting).

I stopped drinking milk for a while just to see if it would improve my skin. Guess what, NOTHING. Accutane has been the only thing that has significantly worked.

Accutane can cause really wierd things to happen, oil goes up then down then really down. You break out then clear etc.. There is no point continuing the no dairy thing as everything will be thrown out sync by accutane.....its effects are going to be MUCH stronger than any other variable. Go back on dairy as its effects are going to be insignificant compared to accutane.

there may not be any links between dairy products and acne, but there are links between milk products and younger kids reaching puberty faster. Think about it, if you drink a ridiculous amount of milk (like I do, I chug it like water apparently)...then you're ingesting all those hormones that they feed the cows. Therefore, the extra/added hormones could have effect on your acne.

I stopped milk for a week, and when I drank two cups (plastic cups not actual cups) I became so red it looked like I had been running for an hour or so.

I cut back on my milk intake, since I don't really drink anything else besides it, and saw a bit of an improvement...

Anybody else had this problem- it sounds gross, but I thought youall would be familiar- after 1 month so far my nose has hurt, and i mean the inside, it feels dry, then wet, and when i try to clear the contents of my nose, if you know what i mean, my nose just feels awful. eek

Anybody else had this problem- it sounds gross, but I thought youall would be familiar- after 1 month so far my nose has hurt, and i mean the inside, it feels dry, then wet, and when i try to clear the contents of my nose, if you know what i mean, my nose just feels awful. eek

Yeah, you guys are right. Accutane is so strong, I've found it doesnt matter what I eat or do after 4 weeks of treatment....., its like being released from a prison where you only eat a set diet which is really awful. Its especially difficult when having to avoid family get togeathers etc...

It seems that no amount of sugar, white bread or fat has any negative effect on me now.

Accutane just stops the oil in its tracks, simple as that.

Although, regardless of how much faith I have in Accutane, I will not drink milk. I had been clear for over 2 years after naturally growing out of acne. I had a change of diet simply because I wanted a change.... I would eat a lot of cerial in the morning and before bed. I'd consume almost 1 litre of milk per day (full fat stuff) and then things went from clear to really bad.

Only accutane cleared the problem. Its been the best thing thats happend to me in a long time and i've been very happy since being on it.

I had stopped dairy products because I was taking whey protein, which consisted of dairy. Whey protein I think broke me out. From what I remember is that while taking it for about a week without any problems, then I started to see more pimples after that week. Wish me luck, im gonna start going to start taking it again. Im on accutane too. Oh yeah I am lactose intolerant.

Food (unless you're allergic) is NOT linked to acne with any major study that has ever been done. So like everyone else was asking, why would you stop having dairy in the first place?

Well the whey protein that I have has only 10% dairy. More information about it here http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

2 Lbs. Extreme Milk Chocolate

Supplement Facts

Serving Size1Scoop(32g)

Servings Per Container28

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 130

Calories From Fat 15

Total Fat 1.5g 2%

Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%

Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 30mg 10%

Sodium 100mg 4%

Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%

Sugars 1g

Protein 24g

Vitamin A 0%

Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 10%

Iron 2%

Not a Significant Source of Dietary Fiber

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Ingredients

Protein Blend(Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Cocoa(Processed With Alkali), Natural And Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Creamer(Sunflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Modified Food Starch, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Tri-Calcium Phosphate, Tocopherols), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Aminogen®, Sucralose, Lactase

This Product Contains Whey Derived From Dairy And Lecithin (To Improve Mixability) Derived From Soybeans.

When I was on Minocycline about a year and a half ago I was all clear and was working out alot and drinking a lot of chocalate protein shakes.. A few months afterwards I developed immunities to the Mino(I think) and when that wore off I re-developed acne and facial rosacea, and developed really bad acne on my back and shoulders..

I still dont know why I had such a bad backlash after coming off antibiotics but I wonder if all the whey protein shakes I was taking had a part? I dunno..

I would think that, while on accutane, you would be perfectly safe to have dairy (unless you have a significant reaction to it).. And don't have it in excess if you are concerned.