Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drprox

Could my rash be from accutane

Ive been on tane for like 6 weeks now. Im on 20mg as a starting dosage and will get upped next week.

Everything has been going to plan so far, bit of an IB in the second week, that cleared up and my skins been getting better.

Anyway i moved back to uni 2 days ago, and this morning when i woke up i have a rash all over my body. The kind you get when you fall in a nettle bush, with little white blotches and it itches like hell.

Its been clearing up a bit during the day i think but its still quite bad.

All my friends seem to think it looks like an allergic reaction to the washing powder they used on the bedsheets here or something.

Could accutane cause a rash to spread this fast?

Thanks.

yes, it could be from accutane, call your derm and get some kind of topical steroid, it should clear up quickly, and use lots of moisturizer.

Yeah i think ill see the doc tomorrow. I just dont wanna be taken off it because its like my last resort :(

I got that rash and it was unpleasant. Man i wanted to scratch myself so bad. I had it for a few days and then it dried up and then came the dry skin. I peeled from head to toes and that took forever to stop. All i did was moisturize - it went away.

Bonne chance

T

I got rashes on the tops of my hand and I searched this forum, I found a lot people just moisturized the area well to help. I did just that and they went away.

I work at Starbucks, and the sanitizer we are constantly soaking our hands in is very harsh as it contains a lot of anti-bacterial properties and milk enzymes. I have noticed a red-ish bumpy rash on the back of my hands when I work, though I have found that with a strong and powerful waterproof moisturizer, it can be controlled pretty well.

Hydrocortisone worked really well for me too.