Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

The newest moisturizer sample...

Have any of you used makeup after applying this moisturizer? I can't seem to find a moisturizer that controls flakes but also doesn't clump when I apply foundation over it. It sounds great so far!

I haven't used it with foundation yet, but it does fine under loose powder which is what I wear most days.

I haven't used it with foundation yet, but it does fine under loose powder which is what I wear most days.

Thanks for your reply Brandy. I can't wait to try it!

did any of you had any breakout problems with the moisturizer?

and im not so sure about jojoba oil since ive never tried it before

my skin is still clear since switching to dans moisturizer 3 days ago

Have any of you used makeup after applying this moisturizer? I can't seem to find a moisturizer that controls flakes but also doesn't clump when I apply foundation over it. It sounds great so far!

I will try it with a foundation tomorrow. Today, I wore mineral makeup with it and I didn't have any clusters and it went on very smooth.

The greatest part about it is that it totally calmed my skin and calmed any redness. Sometimes mid-day my skin will start to become irritated by the environment but not at all today. I

Well, Dan did indicate that it contains bisabolol as one of the ingredients, which is a strong anti-inflammatory, so maybe that is what you are seeing.

did any of you had any breakout problems with the moisturizer?

and im not so sure about jojoba oil since ive never tried it before

not yet, this is day 3 for me.

Got mine today in the post, wooo.

I used it for the first time this morning. I'm currently on day 20 of my accutane adventure so I need to be super moisturised.

The moisturiser was just as Dan described, goes on like water and absorbs very quickly and easily, leaving no residue or tacky feeling. That's a GREAT and very rare thing. I tried with just a small amount and it sank in easily and my skin felt nice to the touch. I then applied a little cover up to even out my complexion. My skin wasn't moisturised enough at this point so I had to add a little more moisturiser on top. Once I applied the extra moisture my skin was fine. My skin feels soft and matte, not tight or dry.

I'm going to use a little more tomorrow morning, I'll use my usual moisturiser this evening because I don't wanna use up my sample too quickly lol.gif

So far so good, I love it, I just need to use a little more than I did this morning.

I tried it under foundation, Revlon Color Stay, and I had no clumping. It went on smooth -- so it seems to check there as well.

This moisturizer officially rocks :D Like Opp, I am harddd to please. It's super-light, yet moisturizes the perfect amount. Feels kinda like rosewater & glycerin if you've ever used that. I think the smell is the bisabol, kind of a light almost powdery/flower-like scent? I like it.

Any hooter - A+!

I've been using the moisturizer sample for two days now and love it! It's really hard for me to find a moisturizer that hydrates well, yet is not too greasy. This definitely hit the mark...it absorbs well, and my skin felt velvety-smooth after applying it. I wore Revlon Colorstay over it yesterday and was excited that my makeup didn't clump up and stayed put throughout the day. I also really like the fact that there an anti-inflammatory in it, so I feel that I am doing one more thing to fight the battle against acne.

Right before I used it for the first time, I had a major breakout appear. I think it's too soon to say if the moisturizer helped, but it improved more rapidly than it usually seems too, and the swelling is almost all gone. Usually my skin takes weeks to recover from a serious breakout.

I've been using the moisturizer sample for two days now and love it! It's really hard for me to find a moisturizer that hydrates well, yet is not too greasy. This definitely hit the mark...it absorbs well, and my skin felt velvety-smooth after applying it. I wore Revlon Colorstay over it yesterday and was excited that my makeup didn't clump up and stayed put throughout the day. I also really like the fact that there an anti-inflammatory in it, so I feel that I am doing one more thing to fight the battle against acne.

Right before I used it for the first time, I had a major breakout appear. I think it's too soon to say if the moisturizer helped, but it improved more rapidly than it usually seems too, and the swelling is almost all gone. Usually my skin takes weeks to recover from a serious breakout.

roughly how soon wil it be till we can buy this...weeks or months?...thanks!

roughly how soon wil it be till we can buy this...weeks or months?...thanks!

I wish I knew. I don't know if anyone here knows for sure.

Brandy??? Anyone else know??

EDIT: read Dan's blog.

This sounds amazing! I've been looking for a good moisturizer to use that dosen't leave me feeling greasy afterwards! Hopefully this will do the trick!

The ship date the manufacturer has given me is July 3. However, take this with a grain of salt. Through much experience I have found that delays are frequent and the rule rather than the exception in the manufacturing world. But this particular manufacturer can be pretty surprising sometimes. They often got samples to me faster than promised. So help me put good thoughts into a speedy turnaround and hopefully it'll be out sooner rather than later.

By the way I'm hoping to keep it under $12. It'll be 8oz. with the same pump as the cleanser.

How would one compare this to cetaphil?

Also curious about the jojoba, has anyone had problems before the moisturizer with jojoba by itself, yet had no problems with this? I hope what I am asking makes sense :)

I am excited! Finally a moisturizer that is just awesome.

Oh 3 months :( I was hoping it will be a little sooner, my current moisturizer is almost all gone, oh well, i guess i can try something new while i wait for Dan's :D

Thanks alot for all the updates =)