Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey ladies (and guys), I need help.

I’d love to be able to leave the house with only a few concealed spots…but I have uneven skin tone and loads of scars and active red bumps to cover up, and I’m in desperate need of good make-up. I’ve been using Bare Escentuals for at least a year now – which covers well but leaves my skin itchy and it doesn’t blend all that well or look very natural (especially in natural sunlight). And after reading how much everyone in here hates the stuff and says it’s bad for your skin, I really want to find something else. I tried Aubrey Nichole, but it didn’t cover enough and made me look super oily.

I really need something that will look good on a relatively pale person and has good enough coverage to cover red marks, not get too oily and def. not clog up my pores while still looking mostly natural. Tall order I know…but if any of you have found a great foundation that you really like and stays on your face all day and still looks good, I’d love to hear about it. Mineral or liquid. (I’ve ordered some Meow minerals and they will be coming in the mail soon.)

ahh!! I have the product for you!!

Melange Mineral Cosmetics Feather Matte Foundation from:

http://www.melangecosmetics.com

There are two formulas, this one and orginal. Feather Matte is a full coverage mineral foundation formulated especially for those with acne and oily skin!!

Ingredients: Titanium dioxide, kaolin clay, zinc oxide, iron oxides, sericite, grapefruit seed extract.

Minerals with titanium dioxide as the main ingredient are full coverage. I have very fair English skin and use either #0.5 (midwinter) or #1 (rest of year).

try everyday minerals

they have free samples, you just pay for shipping which is cheap so you have nothing to lose, you can keep trying until you find the right shade and formula for you.

from what i've heard of BE, I'd stop using it asap. in all likelihood it's making your acne worse and makeup should not make you itch.

Hey ladies (and guys), I need help.

I’d love to be able to leave the house with only a few concealed spots…but I have uneven skin tone and loads of scars and active red bumps to cover up, and I’m in desperate need of good make-up. I’ve been using Bare Escentuals for at least a year now – which covers well but leaves my skin itchy and it doesn’t blend all that well or look very natural (especially in natural sunlight). And after reading how much everyone in here hates the stuff and says it’s bad for your skin, I really want to find something else. I tried Aubrey Nichole, but it didn’t cover enough and made me look super oily.

I really need something that will look good on a relatively pale person and has good enough coverage to cover red marks, not get too oily and def. not clog up my pores while still looking mostly natural. Tall order I know…but if any of you have found a great foundation that you really like and stays on your face all day and still looks good, I’d love to hear about it. Mineral or liquid. (I’ve ordered some Meow minerals and they will be coming in the mail soon.)