Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why me??

A question about insulin spike.

I know sugar intake and insulin spikes can increase sebum production, but how long does an insulin spike last? For example, if I drink 2 glasses of Coke right now, will the insulin spike be immediate? And does it last for days or just hours?

The insulin "spike" only lasts a few hours. But it can take a while to reduce the effects of a long-term diet that is high in complex carbs and high Glycemic Load carbs.

there are other problems associated with drinking sodas, like dissolving your teeth and digestive tract

in a hyperinsulinemic/insulin resistant state, that insulin could be in your blood for a while.

not 100% sure cause i aint a scientific researcher but the possiblity is there i would believe.

another peculiar thing about sugar and acne is that simple sugars can send your triglycerides sky high and sebum is 41% triglycerides and ive read a study thats say that the sebaceous gland has a very good abilty to excrete blood cholesterol as opposed to the sebum gland actually making it, which could be another reason your body creates excess sebum due to sugar, that is to expel the excess triglycerides which are a component of cholesterol. So another purpose of acne could be to lower your triglycerides.

Other people may have a genetic predisposition to store them as fat and yet other people may have a genetic predisposition to rid them via the liver and apolipoprotein a-1( the right way) and yet others may just accumulate them in their arteries and have a heart attack also ive read a study that says people with acne have a reduced risk for a heart attack but increased risk of prostate cancer, which could support the theory of igfbp-3 theory of acne and cancer because a reducded igfbp3 could also be a major risk factor for certain cancers but also if acnes purpose is to lower cholesterol then it would save you from accumulating them in your blood and having a heart attack so there is some evidence for all this.

another peculiar thing about sugar and acne is that simple sugars can send your triglycerides sky high and sebum is 41% triglycerides and ive read a study thats say that the sebaceous gland has a very good abilty to excrete blood cholesterol as opposed to the sebum gland actually making it, which could be another reason your body creates excess sebum due to sugar, that is to expel the excess triglycerides which are a component of cholesterol. So another purpose of acne could be to lower your triglycerides.

Other people may have a genetic predisposition to store them as fat and yet other people may have a genetic predisposition to rid them via the liver and apolipoprotein a-1( the right way) and yet others may just accumulate them in their arteries and have a heart attack also ive read a study that says people with acne have a reduced risk for a heart attack but increased risk of prostate cancer, which could support the theory of igfbp-3 theory of acne and cancer because a reducded igfbp3 could also be a major risk factor for certain cancers but also if acnes purpose is to lower cholesterol then it would save you from accumulating them in your blood and having a heart attack so there is some evidence for all this.

im a newby hence my first post but am also interested in the role of insulin. I have recently been told that cinamon reduces the excess sugars in the system and have been drinking a spoonful of it mixed in hot water every now and again - kind of like a tea but nicer. I wonder if this has a role in the other ty. things you mentioned?

im a newby hence my first post but am also interested in the role of insulin. I have recently been told that cinamon reduces the excess sugars in the system and have been drinking a spoonful of it mixed in hot water every now and again - kind of like a tea but nicer. I wonder if this has a role in the other ty. things you mentioned?