Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThatGuy16

Men, let's talk about attracting the opposite sex.

Post your own personal general tips in here. Serious advice only please....of course, the usual suspects will probably come in here and throw a lame joke in a weak attempt to receive petty "LOLZ"

I'll start. I think fragrances really help. Sporty colognes are nice because they aren't too overwhelming, but also, provide a nice scent to carry around. The girls at my work were talking about it today, and even they all stated that a fragrance will generally never hurt to have, as opposed to not having one at all.

**mod edit - we don't need to name all the gay guys (or suspected ones) of the org in your title. thanks.

Guest T-Virus

You left out Reid and Antonio.

But I have to advise that y'all brush your teeth and rinse with mouth wash. Bad breath is the worst. Today I was sitting next to this guy who had really bad breath and I just wanted to run outside and throw up. Also a lot of girls (well at least the ones here) seem to like guys who dress in smart, expensive clothes :|

My attracting beautiful women thread might come in handy here...

can I use the advice from that?

Guest T-Virus
I didn't know they were gay.

Guest T-Virus
good stuff t virus

Guest T-Virus
My feelings are hurt that I am not allowed. :cry:

Just be yourself and don't lie....

If you find a girl who loves you for you, then your relationship should last a very very long time.

That's all I got... I'm not Dr.Phill! lol

Good Luck! ^_^

Guest Kimmay

hahaha. carry on men

Confidence is key. Don't treat like they're somebody special or idolize them. Be friendly, sincere, and have fun with them. Smile, joke around, and see if there's a connection.

I swear, every single time one of these threads pops up, I re-realise that I'm screwed. :doubt:

Tips from the master (Necromancer):

-Be clean because this is a must and most guys aren't so you will be ahead of many already. Clean doesn't mean you have to have an acne-free face. If you got acne, then get a sick haircut. I recommend going to a black barber shop so you can get an edge up. Other barbers can't do this style.

-Get your teeth straight and/or white. If you got nasty teeth, then you will be doomed when it comes to getting the hot girls. Bust a smile and you will score major points. If you got both the hair and the teeth, facial imperfections matter less.

-Shave or look decent. Not shaving because you are lazy will get you no where. Laziness gets 0 girls.

-Don't be a follower. Get your own system going. Create your own technique. It is better to look dorky trying to be yourself and nice than it is to try to be cool but look lame as anything.

-Hit the gym if you are fat. You can get girls if you are fat, but it will require major game. Why make yourself have to work harder?

-Be ready to show the girl something you are good at on the spot (can make or break the relationship)

More tips later from the pro...

Case closed.

:ninja:

Something that was a priority for me to find in a guy, well long ago when I was actually single...he had to be considerate towards OTHER people. My first boyfriend was of course wonderful to me, but was not always nice to others. When I met my current boyfriend I heard him offer to do a favor for one of our friends and I thought "hmmmm, just what I was looking for!"

It didn't hurt that he was funny, cute, and not overly confident. If he had acted like too much of an experienced, confident, manly man I would not have stuck around. I needed someone I could relate to.

That may seem purely like personal opinions, but I think many girls are like me.

I swear, every single time one of these threads pops up, I re-realise that I'm screwed. :doubt:

Yeah beejay...everybody is capable of landing with any women....just gotta be confident about it...that's probably the first and most important step.

Guest Guest
Shave or look decent. Not shaving because you are lazy will get you no where. Laziness gets 0 girls.

I think most women like a sense of humour, I know a lot of guys think that's BS because they're funny and girls aren't interested, but there also has to be an attraction too...and I don't mean that in the sense of being super good looking. I know personally this one guy I was completely gah gah over was no Brad Pitt (he's not ugly, just not typically what you'd call a 'hunk'), but seriously the second I laid eyes on him I was like :wub:. He's grown a big old beard now and even though I hate facial hair, I'm still attracted lol. Humour will get a girl to like you (as long as you aren't obnoxious), but there has to be some kind of attraction, whether it's looks, style, personality (like kayteedid's bf being considerate), etc for it to become more. At least that's my opinion.

let them expect many things from you but do not allow yourself to expect anything from them

because that would be sexist

stupid mindgames

i dont like overstyled/overplucked/over groomed guys etc. initially i think looks are important but id much rather be with someone funny. the best thing a guy can do is say the right things at the right times, little pick me ups never go a miss, especially when they know your feeling shit. my best mate is a guy and he knows how to cheer me up, whether its being goofy or just saying the right things when i need it. i always notice a guys smile and eyes so i guess to me theyre important. i also like guys who have a relaxed dress sense i dont like guys in smart and expensive designer stuff i prefer skaters, surfers, grunge etc. and i like skinny guys too i dont like big muscles and especially guys with sleeves! so sexy .

i suppose its wierd but thats just my opinion though

:)

Okay, my advice:

Have a style of some kind. Not every girl likes every style, but having some style is better than looking like you don't care. If your style is "looking like I don't care", then be aware that almost takes more work & effort to pull off well :D. Style means having a hairdo that suits you, wearing clothing that hints at your personality & interests, & generally being groomed. First impression is almost always based on looks, let's face it. Give a good impression.

Develop interests that girls like too. If all you are into is video games, widen your interests. Sure, there are girls who are gamers, but most won't find it so charming even if it doesn't bug them. If you can spin this interest off into something else, do it. Don't be fake about it, just start exploring different things in life. It will make you more interesting & fun. Girls like nice guys, but not boring guys. If your chosen interest makes you seem talented in some way, that is a turn on.

Be a good guy, not a pushover. Be nice, treat girls well, but don't be a doormat that girls walk on. Maintain some mystery at first; the "nice" guys that girls don't like are the ones who seem to have 1 dimension & to be blah. Be friendly, not overly eager.

Show your personality. Even if you are shy you can do this. It's harder, but you have to be aware of every opportunity to let something unique about you shine through. I'm a shy girl & am aware that people will write me off as boring unless they really get to know me. I have to push myself a lot with new people so they get a glimpse of who I really am. If a girl sees your different sense of humor, your sincerity, your personableness, whatever it is about you that is appealing, then she will find you more attractive.

I like the scruffy look. It works good for me as I just look plain dumb/ugly clean-shaven.

I fail at approaching women. All women I've met have approached me.