Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Getting random holes in skin...

I've been getting random holes on my face... but the thing is, they aren't from any left over zit... it doesn't look like a regular indented acne scar (I unfortunatly deal with those too)... these hole's are hard to explain. The only way I can really describe it is, imagine someone taking a sharp point of a pencil and poking it a bit deep in the skin. They are still "healing" I suppose you can say and they are deep looking. Sorry if I get too detailed, but sometimes a clear liquid comes out of them :(:X I haven't been picking at my skin at all neither, it's just been happening randomly, after I wash my face.

Sorry if I couldn't explain these holes well enough, i'm just hoping someone knows whats going on.

Do you think neosporin could helps something like this? :(

Sorry to sound harsh but...OMG ewww! I recommend seeing a dermatologist. That sound really really weird. ALmost as if your pores have become mega-pores and are seeping out sebum to the max...

I've been getting random holes on my face... but the thing is, they aren't from any left over zit... it doesn't look like a regular indented acne scar (I unfortunatly deal with those too)... these hole's are hard to explain. The only way I can really describe it is, imagine someone taking a sharp point of a pencil and poking it a bit deep in the skin. They are still "healing" I suppose you can say and they are deep looking. Sorry if I get too detailed, but sometimes a clear liquid comes out of them :( :X I haven't been picking at my skin at all neither, it's just been happening randomly, after I wash my face...

Do you think neosporin could helps something like this? :(

It sounds like you are somehow exfoliating your skin a bit when you are washing. It sounds like your clogged pores are unclogging themselves. A pore that is freshly declogged will appear bigger because there is nothing in it obsuring the view. Each small pore should shrink a bit with time as it gets used to the fact that it doesn't have gunk in it!

I wouldn't use neosporin since it can be comedogenic.

If they continue to appear and do not shrink, you might consider seeing a dermatologist.

Mandy this sounds like exactly what I've been getting -- several months ago I had none... they dont ooze liquid but everything else sounds the same. I have no idea at all where they came from and if they'll ever go... makes me sad =(

I use a canadian version of retin-a and clindoxyl.. brush exfoliation somtimes and the dip method... no idea what's causing it.