Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey, i have a question

youre supposed to take 10 grams of b5 a day? the pills come in 500 mg pills... im hoping my math is just wrong, but are you saying you have to take 20 pills a day??? that sounds insane, are you sure?

It is generally suggested to begin dosing with B5 in the mid-range, at around 4 to 5 grams per day. From there it is easy enough to see how well the initial dose is working, and it can be increased or decreased from there. Some people will have the need to go up to 10 grams per day, depending on the rate of clearing in their skin. Some people will have satisfactory results on only 5 grams, and may be able to decrease their dose to a minimum maintenance dose that keeps them clear (and saves money on B5 at the same time); some people have reported a minimum daily maintenance dose of as little as 250mg to keep their skin free of acne. Some, like the author of this paper, are at the other extreme, and require up to 15 grams of B5 per day for many months. What matters in determining B5 dosage is individual need based on initial B5 deficiency, genetics, exposure to pollutants and other bodily stresses, and diet. The trick is to use observation to determine the minimum dosage you need to take to get the results you want. B5 isn’t expensive, especially in powder form, but at 15 grams per day the cost can add up (though compared to the alternativeâ€â€acneâ€â€it may very well be worth it).

wow thanks doc.

i dont have that severe of acne, so i dont htink i would need all THAT much... there are no side effects to this stuff are there? i think ill take 4 pills a day to start, although it will be hard to tell if its working because sometimes i get clear for a few days naturally, you k now?

thanks for the reply tho, very informative

you can get bottles that are a 1000 mg which is much more conveniant. B5 is like accutane, it works better in larger doses, so 4 pills of 500 mg might not work as well. anyway good luck, it cured my acne