Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I *think* this goes here...Anyway just wanted to say I found out about this on this forum and tried it out today and I really liked it.

For those who don't know it, just take regular aspirin and dissolve it in a little bit of water to make a paste, then apply it to your face, leave on for 5-15min depending how sensitive your skin is and rinse off.

I used 6 asprins but had tons of the paste, so 4 or maybe even 3 is enough. Don't put lots of water, better to add more than have too much. Also I couldn't find any uncoated ones, so I used coated and had no problems. I suggest washing it off instead of rubbing it off, or else the 'dust' might make you sneeze and cough. When I had almost all of it washed off I used the last bit of the particles to rub around like an exfoliator. Then rinsed it all off, pat dry with towel and applied moisturizer.

So the result is my skin is soooo smooth and soft, it feels like a new layer of skin and all the flakes are gone, if it weren't for some bumps because of acne my face would feel flawless :P

For anyone whose never heard of this before, the technicalities are that aspirin is "acetyl salicylic acid"...salicylic acid is used in lots of skin care if you've noticed, it's a beta hydroxy acid which means it is oil soluable so it can penetrate into your pores where oil and junk is and clean them out.

I *think* this goes here...Anyway just wanted to say I found out about this on this forum and tried it out today and I really liked it.

For those who don't know it, just take regular aspirin and dissolve it in a little bit of water to make a paste, then apply it to your face, leave on for 5-15min depending how sensitive your skin is and rinse off.

I used 6 asprins but had tons of the paste, so 4 or maybe even 3 is enough. Don't put lots of water, better to add more than have too much. Also I couldn't find any uncoated ones, so I used coated and had no problems. I suggest washing it off instead of rubbing it off, or else the 'dust' might make you sneeze and cough. When I had almost all of it washed off I used the last bit of the particles to rub around like an exfoliator. Then rinsed it all off, pat dry with towel and applied moisturizer.

So the result is my skin is soooo smooth and soft, it feels like a new layer of skin and all the flakes are gone, if it weren't for some bumps because of acne my face would feel flawless :P

For anyone whose never heard of this before, the technicalities are that aspirin is "acetyl salicylic acid"...salicylic acid is used in lots of skin care if you've noticed, it's a beta hydroxy acid which means it is oil soluable so it can penetrate into your pores where oil and junk is and clean them out.

If you use enough water, so that this is a liquid rather than a paste, then it will neutralize the acidity and make a very soothing anti-inflammatory rather than an exfoliant. That way, you don't need to wash it off and it can really help sensitive skin and acne inflammations.

I've been doing this a couple of times a week for quite a while now. It definitely makes my skin feel a lot smoother and exfoliated, though I don't think it has done much for fading red marks.

Just wondering, do most people use normal uncoated aspirins, or dispersible aspirins? I normally just use the normal uncoated ones... but yesterday I tried it with dispersible ones as I had none of the others... it didn't seem to have as good an effect. Just curious anyway :D

Vicereine, and anyone else who uses aspirin masks, do you find that it helps with already existing blemishes at all? Does it help with redness, inflammation, etc? Also, do you apply it to your entire face or just to problem areas/areas that need exfoliation?

Vicereine, and anyone else who uses aspirin masks, do you find that it helps with already existing blemishes at all? Does it help with redness, inflammation, etc? Also, do you apply it to your entire face or just to problem areas/areas that need exfoliation?