Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meli Mendez

how long will this IB last

Ahhhh I hate this whole deal .... I've been on accutane for 14 days. I would say around day 3 i started my IB reaction just more cysts and marks plus my period was coming up so that didn't help it. But anyways I was just wondering when most people started to see there skin calm down. To be completely honest i see a lot of people complain about red marks but at this point i would die to just have red marks and not six or seven bumps on my face!

:wall:

My IB calmed down after week two, which is what you're on. Just check my log for pictures.

Although, you can have your face get progressively worse for months, if you're really that unlucky.

I'm on day 6 and I think I started the IB a few days ago, I feel more cysts creeping up, but so far, they've stayed at bay....though if i had my choice, i'd pick the cysts because I tend to pick at my face a lot...but in addition to the cysts, ... i'm getting those digusting little yellow things coming up, alllllllllllllllllllllllll over! but some people told me it just kinda looks like flaking ...lol

maybe its got something to do with what you're eating....I read somewhere that the kind of food you eat has an effect on the amount of sebum is produced.... have you changed anything in your diet?

I'm on day 6 and I think I started the IB a few days ago, I feel more cysts creeping up, but so far, they've stayed at bay....though if i had my choice, i'd pick the cysts because I tend to pick at my face a lot...but in addition to the cysts, ... i'm getting those digusting little yellow things coming up, alllllllllllllllllllllllll over! but some people told me it just kinda looks like flaking ...lol

maybe its got something to do with what you're eating....I read somewhere that the kind of food you eat has an effect on the amount of sebum is produced.... have you changed anything in your diet?

I only had mild/moderate (but scarring) acne when I first began, but within the first few days I had the worst breakout of my life. The entire first 2 weeks my life was miserable, because my face looked god-awful. After that period, though, it called down quickly and now it all seems like a memory - a horrible one! So, hang in there because it should all be over soon and you'll be so happy. I wish you the best of luck:)

im on day 7 and i already had a huge ib. 20-25 zits on forehead about 20 zits on cheeks and yesterday 6-8 zits on chin.

i started to breakout more in the 1st few weeks... then it kinder settled down... but i do get a few spots every week so im not fully clear from newbies and im on month 3 now. usually most people stop getting actives after month 3.. but that can be different for everyone.. all the best!!

Ahhhh I hate this whole deal .... I've been on accutane for 14 days. I would say around day 3 i started my IB reaction just more cysts and marks plus my period was coming up so that didn't help it. But anyways I was just wondering when most people started to see there skin calm down. To be completely honest i see a lot of people complain about red marks but at this point i would die to just have red marks and not six or seven bumps on my face!

:wall:

The usual rule of thumb is improvements after no less than a month minimum. I'm telling you this so you know what to expect. A lot of people get disappointed because they look for much drastic improvements in shorter periods of time, don't receive them and become discouraged. You're going to be fine and i promise you things will be 100x better after the initial break-out! I haven't been visiting these boards much, but i can already sense what im going to say next has become a cliche: Patience. Yes boring, but true!

Meli... stick in there. The initial breakout is not as bad you think it is. Yeah you might feel its the end of the world but believe me it gets better in a couple of weeks. My dermatologist told me I should expect the IB to last a month. I think it lasted around 3 weeks for me. But it depends on the individual. After the IB, you'll begin to see a little improvement with occasion breakouts here and there. I'm still only in month four but I'm keeping the hope up and so should you! And what the person above said... its all about patience. Good luck to you !

thanks everyone for all your experience sharing.... this def. isn't a process that someone should do alone. Most of the time our derm.'s have never experienced the drug first hand so they can only explain things to us from a medical point of view. i'm aware that this will take a while and will get worse before it gets better!!

and actually it's gotten better even on my back