Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laindenver

accutane after everything else

Hi lain,

Do you think the backache might have something to do with your kidneys? Since accutane puts a huge strain on them? Ive been getting stitching pains in my sides and I haven't even been on the stuff for a week..

Have a nice day :)

Leily- wrote on your log too but more water might help your kidneys anyway.

DAY 64- of course after I wrote the other day my skin started getting weird :( It's hard because any little thing triggers my paranoia about my skin. All of a sudden my skin feels more oily. Not as oily as before but for the last month or so it's been great because I never have to blot my face. The only time my skin gets shiny is when I'm working out and really sweating. Now today I had to blot my shiny nose twice. Plus when I got home yesterday I felt something sore above my upper lip and sure enough I had a little red bump that turned into a juicy whitehead this morning. Also another whitehead magically appeared on my cheek this morning. Two little whiteheads are not that bad but combined with my skin feeling more oily it's freaking me out. It's been weeks since I went to bed worrying about what would be on my face when I woke up and now that feeling is back. Has anyone had that? Where your skin starts getting oily again? Any advice? PLEASE!!!

Fortunately my doctors appt. is this coming monday but now I wonder if I should ask her to up my dosage... especially since I skip a couple of pills a month. Of course then I'm afraid that a higher dose would make for worse side effects and an IB. I'm hoping tomorrow the evil zits will have dried up and disappeared.

Oh by the way my back seems better.

Hey!

My lips do the same thing too, the skin just rubs off, it's so gross!

Sorry you're breaking out again. What is your dose? Maybe you can up it.

I lowered my dose, but I still have to talk to my derm. Maybe she'll tell me to go up again, but I don't want another headache.

But why do you skip a couple pills each month?

Good luck on Monday

Rayodeluz- Thanks for writing :) My dose is 40mg a day which I think is relatively low and the reason I skip a couple of pills a month is because monday is my day off and the only day I can go to the derm so if my 30 days apart falls on a tuesday I have to wait until the next monday :( but my derm said to skip a pill every 4 days when that happens to make up the difference because that way I don't have to miss a couple days in a row at the end.

DAY 66- feeling a little better today. Yesterday I popped the whitehead on my cheek and it seems to be dried up and flat now. I left the one on my lip alone until today because those seem to become reinfected whenever I mess with them but today it had dried up and I couldn't resist peeling off the dried up whitehead. Underneath the skin was red and there was a little whitehead in the middle. I squeezed it out and it was incredibly painful but it seems to be all flat now. If it's still good tomorrow I'll be happy 'cause I;m supposed to go to six flags this weekend and see Harry Potter with my friends. So many people have told me my skin is looking great and I know it's better but I still can't go out without make-up. I'd like to put up my progress pics but the are all on my cell phone camera and I don't know how I would put them on here.

SIDE EFFECTS- DRY LIPS. I feel like they get shriveled without aquaphor. Dry mouth, Itchy scalp again but not toooo bad. If I scratch my arm I get white nail marks that last for five minutes.

Off to bed now, good night and happy weekend.

EMERGENCY- I'm in new york and I woke up and my upper eyelid is completely swollen. It doesn't hurt but I can't open my eye all the way. Can this be from accutane or is it something else? Anybody have anything like this? PLEASE help!!!

EMERGENCY- I'm in new york and I woke up and my upper eyelid is completely swollen. It doesn't hurt but I can't open my eye all the way. Can this be from accutane or is it something else? Anybody have anything like this? PLEASE help!!!

Thanks so much for the advice Wynne :)

I haven't written on here in awhile because I was away and then I came back to a mountain of piled up chores and stuff. Anyway my eye got better that same day. I was so panic stricken I even called my derm but she said it wasn't because of the tane. All I could think was that I would have to go around my whole vacation looking like a freak :( but I ended up icing my eye and taking some benadryl and by 5 in the afternoon it was back to normal. I think it was a bug bite or something. I had a great time in NY but my dad is sick so that part wasn't great.

SKIN- two pimple in NY that I popped and went away quick. Since then no break outs :)

SIDE EFFECTS- My knees have been hurting when I work out or use stairs, dry eyes, chapped lips and some stomach aches for the first time. On the other hand right now with make-up my skin looks clear. Gotta go fold laundry.

DAY 96- Hi all, it's been a crazy couple of weeks.I can't belive it's been over three months since I started tane. My skin has been doing great since I got back from NY. Not one active zit in 15 days but then two days ago I got this huge cyst on my shoulder!!!??? It is exactly where my purse strap rests and I wonder if the strap rubbing there agravated my skin or what. Now I have to carry my purse on my other shoulder. My face is doing really well though. No breakouts on my face for two weeks is a freaking miracle :) I do notice my scars a lot more now and the little tiny dents I have in my cheeks from previous breakouts. I've been getting lots of comments on how great my skin looks which makes me feel great. I've been going to the gym a couple times a week now for about 8 weeks, trying to get in better shape and lose just 3 or 4 pounds but I haven't relly lost any weight even though I am more toned and fit. I don't know if it's my diet or what but it's driving me crazy.

SIDE EFFECTS- When I go up and down stairs ir do cardio at the gym my knees hurt. Myjoints crack and pop so much I feel like a bowl of rice crispies, very chapped lips ( aquaphor is my constant companion) and without enough moisturizer and grapeseed oil my skin itches. Also my feet and hands have been feeling swollen in the morning and at night- anybody else have that?

Hey!! I have been actually looking for your log but I could not find it... so I am glad you found me haha. I am glad your face is doing well. Isn't that such a great feeling?? And time is going by so fast! I also hate scars but atleast its better than actual bumps. And I could not live without aquaphor! Talk to you soon!!

DAY 104

Today was the day to get my prescription refilled which means I was stuck with a needle, peed in a cup and had to take the stupid Ipledge test. But everything was fine some I am the proud owner of a months worth of tane. Also for 2 days in a row I went in the sun so I'm finally starting to feel like I have a tan I gave myself a pedicure and I did pilates. All in all I feel pretty good.

The big cyst on my shoulder is finally gone except for (of course) a BIG red mark. Since then my only breakout has been 2 little whitehead things that I popped and were gone in a few days. My blackheads seem to be rearing their ugly heads again so I've been scrubbing at them and now they're not that bad. I keep wanting to put pictures up here but the only ones I have are on my cell phone and I don't know how I would even do that. I;m kind of technologically challenged. Also I'm almost out of my make-up and though I like it it's expensive so I'm trying to find something else. Suggestion?????

SIDE EFFECTS- Lip are DRY. I woke up this morning with the corners of my mouth peeling. Otherwise all the normal weirdness.

Hope everyone has a happy skin week :)

OOOHH Man! I knew it had been a long time since I wrote on this but I didn't realize it had been a month. I guess I've been AWOL, mostly due to extreme tiredness and being in a generally bad mood. On the other hand my skin is doing great, no breakout in three weeks and for two weeks before that.I am actually going without foundation and am shocked that people don't seem to notice how naked my face is. However I am still using powder. Four months down and two to go. As for side effects the dreaded and much spoken of exzema has appeared, faded and returned a few times. It has been on the front of my hands and the back of my right arm. Headaches almost every day and as I said I've been exhausted. I don't know how much of the tiredness is due to tane and how much to my busy brain not being able to shut down. Unfortunately my brain, busy as it is can't seem to push my body to do what I need to get done. I've been going through some crisis trying to figure out where my life is going and like so many people I seem to have lost my map. Anyway I sit and chew on my cracked lips pondering life instead of typing away. I am anticipating an improved mood now that t.v. is back- my returning favorites are Heroes, House, Bones, Project Runway, Dexter and I already love Chuck and am extremely excited about the Bionic woman. The more sci-fi on t.v. the better.