Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JPosey30311

How long till the oil gos away?

I start on 5mg a day may 25th... (Im taking low dose continuously).. how long do you think until the oil is gone? Its crazy oily now. thanks!

everyone is different, but heres something to compare to,

I started on may 1st, 30 mg once a day, i'm about 125 lbs. female.

this is day 6 for me because I got sick on thursday, skipped my medicine, but never got anything beyond a sore throat. I kept feeling a runny nose coming on, in which case I'd still be out of commission, but it never came and my sore throat is almost gone.

I'm in the heat every day with more than enough humidity, and my oil has almost all gone. I've still got patches of oil everywhere, but the dry lips are starting, and its starting to crack around the corners of my mouth.

so depending on how oily you are to begin with, maybe say a month or so?. .. my dose is 6 times more than yours, and I started feeling it on the 5th day, so... maybe about 30 days....

but as I said, it depends on your body, what you eat and where you are... I think the humidity is helping me at least. :think:

I didn't stop getting oily until my sixth month. I was taking 120mg by then. I'm not really normal though.....it took a lot of 'tane to stop my oil....but hey....so far so good....it hasn't come back at all....

well the way I see it, the more oil you have, the more clogged pores you have, hence, acne. Also, the more oil your body produces, the bigger the cysts :-p at least in my case :)

for me the 1st week and half i was oilier then pre-tane... a couple of days later the dryness kicked in... so yeh im still really dried out now!!

At the two week mark, I felt like all of the moisture had been sucked from my body...face, back, eyes, nose, and vagina.

Why such a low dose?

i dont have a vagina so, im not concerned with that, hah but becuase my derm says its the newest thing and i dont ever have to stop it if i dont want to and she says itll work just as well with virtually no side effects (im scared of the sdie effects)

i dont have a vagina so, im not concerned with that, hah but becuase my derm says its the newest thing and i dont ever have to stop it if i dont want to and she says itll work just as well with virtually no side effects (im scared of the sdie effects)

its taking these damn topicals long term that would kill me. popping a pill every day is perfectly fine by me. btw.... guys have their own dryness issues? meaning they get real dry down there also?

its taking these damn topicals long term that would kill me. popping a pill every day is perfectly fine by me. btw.... guys have their own dryness issues? meaning they get real dry down there also?