Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been on Mino since November 28, 2006. 50mg twice daily

Ive been planning on getting off it by summer and a few days ago I stopped taking it thinking I dont need it anymore. And sure enough im breaking out now. My skin has been good. Better than its ever been. I mean I still have acne but not as bad. I can cover about 95% of it with makeup and sometimes I dont need makeup.

Just sucks I wanted to get off it because I dont wanna take pills anymore and its getting hotter and the sun and all that since I cant be in direct sunlight when taking this.

Blahhh I started it again today freakin sucks man.

Taking 50mg twice a day won't effect your outdoor pleasure...it's not like you're magically 5 times more likely to get sun burned just because you're on mino....

Just keep taking it...it's easy to take and if that what makes you stay clear...then just do it.

If you were on the high 200+ mg of Mino..then yeah i'd avoid the sun...but you're fine.

Taking 50mg twice a day won't effect your outdoor pleasure...it's not like you're magically 5 times more likely to get sun burned just because you're on mino....

Just keep taking it...it's easy to take and if that what makes you stay clear...then just do it.

If you were on the high 200+ mg of Mino..then yeah i'd avoid the sun...but you're fine.

Well, this partly depends on how fair your skin is and how easily you burn. If you are prone to sunburning when not on the mino, then you really need to be careful about sun exposure when you are on the antibiotics. I would make sure to wear a good sunscreen everyday, and still watch your sun exposure.

Ive very fair and do burn easily. I dont go out in the sun that much really because of my skin but since its getting better im getting more comfortable with being in the sun. I always take precaution when going into the sun and I dont wear sunscreen either, even though I should, I just never wore it.

And I noticed today my skin got better just from starting taking it again yesterday. I had a few pimples that are now going away so I think I need to stay on the mino for now. But I dont wanna be on it forever and I know its not good to stay on it.