Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
atomicradish

I need help creating a regimen!

Here's the scoop:

I just recently quit a regimen of adapalene (differin), benzaclin, and doxycycline because it wasn't working too well. Now I'm on a regimen of tazorac and cefdinir (omnicef). The thing is, for me to order meds, it's much more practical to order them in 3 month increments. In fact, it's only $5 - 10 more for 3 months supply than a one month supply (not sure why but it is). Anyhow, as a result of that and me recieving a ton of samples of adapalene and benzaclin at the derm, I have tons of it left over. Two of the big tubs of benzaclin and two tubes of differin. I also have 3 30 day packets of doxycycline left over.

so.... with me being a frugal person, I want to find a way to use it all up and not waste any of it. I'm sure that mixing antibiotics isn't the greatest thing in the world, so I'm willing to forego using the doxycycline, but I would like to find a regimen that would allow me to use either the differin and/or the benzaclin along with the taz. As it is now, I only wash my face in the morning with a mild soap and then at night I take the omnicef, wash, and use the taz. So that leaves room for something more I could do in the morning. No worries about my skin peeling. The taz hasn't made my skin peel yet or feel dry.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated! I don't know how to really set up a regimen, I just usually go with what the meds say, but I think there is certainly room for me to do a little more.

I still need help please! The benzaclin and differin are likely to expire if I don't find a way to use them. Does anyone know how I can use either/or with my current treatment plan?