Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xXx

Did you breakout after you huge christmas dinner?

Did you breakout after your huge christmas dinner?  

1. 1. Did you breakout after your huge christmas dinner?

• Yes, more then usual
    • No more then usual
    • Didn't breakout at all

just curious to see if theres a corrolation...

What type of food did yous eat too?

was is mostly junk or kinda healthy?

I ate nothing but chocolate, cake, lollies, sugar and soft drink. And my acne has returned and also my red marks stand out more for some reason.

nooooooooo sad.gif

Me too!!! Christmas is the only time of year when I eat chocolate and candy. The result? I've gone from having no zits to like 20 in the space of 1 day. I don't know about other people, but certain foods DEFINITELY break me out!!!

Got two of the biggest zits I have ever had. One of them seemed to be taking over my entire forehead, the other one on my chin now looks like an inch long carpet burn, both were types that I hadn't had before and hope to never have again (its enough to make you pine for the old days with little red spots). D'oh. Very disappointing as my skin had been looking great, not that I would let it ruin my Christmas.

Guest Crooked I

Ate loads, nothing happened. My conclusion is theres no link at all. Besides don't spots take a bit of time to form? How then could you link overeating with breakouts, especially only a couple of days after the binge?

from the results so far, there seams to be a corrolation..

how can you say it isnt a factor, i might no be a factor for you but its most probably a factor for most people.

my conclusion is, certain food causing acne is deffinantly not a myth....

i have been on dans regimen for a while now and the only thing i have change in the last couple of months is stopped eating readymade food. For example those K-time bars(if you have them in your country) and those quick cheese on a biscuit snacks... packet food like that

when i stopped eating those foods my acne has become good.

have a look at my progress:

2nd December: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp...selected=643043

29 December: http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp...selected=698814

all i have now are scars!

Ate loads, nothing happened.  My conclusion is theres no link at all.  Besides don't spots take a bit of time to form?  How then could you link overeating with breakouts, especially only a couple of days after the binge?

Monkeyfunk & Crooked,

Just because we say that we ate something and we brokeout, it doesn't mean that it happened overnight!From what I've read and my own experiences, the majority of us breakout after eating the wrong foods (we tend to pinpoint them enough to know) within 3 - 5 days or maybe longer.

I know....you might say, "it could have been some other food", and sometimes that too is true (that's why some people keep food diaries), but for the rest of us, we don't eat candy everyday. We don't eat Bread, cakes, cookies, etc everyday once we understand that these foods can cause breakouts (various types of acne). I for one certainly don't eat (gluten) bread products and that's one thing I'm NEVER fallen off the wagon for!

So I don't understand where the idea, concept, reasoning that it ALWAYS takes 3 months for a zit to form comes from. How many of you have experience breakouts from using the wrong skin care products??? Did it take 3 months or was it more like a few weeks or a few days?

I mean come on, if your skin is clear and smooth for weeks or months even and there are NO zits underneath....how is it possible to breakout within a few days then? Something had to have aggrevated your body (hormones) enough to cause this.

The same thing rings true for people with allergies, how do you explain that? Their faces & bodies, breakout in rashes and acne as sooon as they consume something. So that 3 month thing....doesn't make any sense. I can't even say it's valid for cystic acne (can sometimes hide for months...but you can feelit)....since this tends to be the Reactionary Inflammed Acne. The kind that some may have noticed they brokeout with after their eating (not binging) on certain foods over the holidays.

Others tend to get whiteheads, which I call sugar pimples. I only ever see these (go away rather quicky) when I consumed too much sugar (as in candy, juice, etc...not as in bread products). I rarely eat candy so it's easy to pinpoint what happened, if I breakout a few days later. The reason I said IF, is because certain types of candy cause it and others kinds dontAND it also depends on how much you eatand whether you consume it everyday. These are all variables and if at least one of them doesn't exist, you won't find a correlation.

Like, after I changed my diet and realized Soda broke me out and chocolate didn't, I used to think I could any type of chocolate. Except, while I can eat M&Ms & Dark Chocolate, if I eat Hersheys Nuggets and other types of chocolate I breakout in small (sugar pimples only sometimes more stubborn) tiny bumps on my neck, and this, under my chin...sigh. I dont get neck acne and frankly I don't like it so... No chocolate for me then ;-)

HTH =)

The holidays saw my worst breakouts in over a year... thats when I looked online and found this forum. I doubt it was food though..

SweetJade, inhaling oxygen could result in breakouts, I suggest you stop.

Guest Crooked I

Also, bacteria can creep in the eye sockets, so keep the eyes closed.