Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Is B5 bad for you liver?

I hope I'm not destroying my liver by taking b5... I'm decreasing my dosage once a month but I'm down to 2.5g.... and I want to get down to 500mg per day so that my liver isnt working like crazy to get it out... Is this bad for my liver... is it going to cause more problems in the end?

I hope I'm not destroying my liver by taking b5... I'm decreasing my dosage once a month but I'm down to 2.5g.... and I want to get down to 500mg per day so that my liver isnt working like crazy to get it out... Is this bad for my liver... is it going to cause more problems in the end?

Yes. If you are "down" to 2500 mg, then that is a serious problem. I recommend going to a doctor to get your liver checked immediately. Jesus Christ 2500 mg! Case closed.

:ninja:

here's the tricky part

we know it gets rid of acne

but at what cost to your health?

here's the tricky part

I did B5 from the end of july(?) to around dec(?)

I cleared up and there was no excess oil, my skin tone was great.. I stop because ...

A) I'm a dumbass

B) Scared of the health reprecautions that I might have..

C) Thought I was cure from Acne

Here;s apicture of a guy after a month on B5:

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/7558/acne12vo7.jpg

The same thing happen to me, but I had a few more small red marks

Im taking 10g at the moment and have been for about a month. My face looks better but spots keep on coming.

here's the tricky part

I dont believe B5 helped me... It didnt get rid of my oil at all... I started taking B5 at the end of July... and I started taking evening primrose oil and the end of September... by the middle of October my skin was clear... HMMMM I WONDER WHAT HELPED ME?? It was the primerose oil... B5 may have helped a little I dont know, but I KNOW that even when I reduced the EPO I was taking I broke out a little... hmmmmm... And recently I broke out because of stress :doubt: boooooooooooooooooo! So I'm hoping I can reduce the B5 down to 500mg a day... which will take a couple months...

Hmmm...this has worried me now. As my face is starting to look better (but still not to good) i dont want to stop taking it, but when reading what people say about it affecting your health i begin to wonder.

I am now starting to improve my diet though and include more fruit to it. As none of my family really suffer from acne and eat normal, and i eat such rubbish food and have acne, im hoping thats just the problem. Knowing my luck though it wont be that simple.

here's the tricky part

I dont believe B5 helped me... It didnt get rid of my oil at all... I started taking B5 at the end of July... and I started taking evening primrose oil and the end of September... by the middle of October my skin was clear... HMMMM I WONDER WHAT HELPED ME?? It was the primerose oil... B5 may have helped a little I dont know, but I KNOW that even when I reduced the EPO I was taking I broke out a little... hmmmmm... And recently I broke out because of stress :doubt: boooooooooooooooooo! So I'm hoping I can reduce the B5 down to 500mg a day... which will take a couple months...

I never stopped... I have reduced from 10g, I started with 10g in july... It didnt stop my oil, I'm still an oil slick by the end of the day.... How long did it take for B5 to clear you?

Yes. If you are "down" to 2500 mg, then that is a serious problem. I recommend going to a doctor to get your liver checked immediately. Jesus Christ 2500 mg! Case closed.

:ninja:

i was informed that b5 is water soluble. Which means whatever your body doesnt use it comes out as urine. I'm on 3g of pantothenic acid...probably for the next month or so and imma taper off to 500mg.

i was informed that b5 is water soluble. Which means whatever your body doesnt use it comes out as urine. I'm on 3g of pantothenic acid...probably for the next month or so and imma taper off to 500mg.

Depends on how much you take, anything under 5g is most likely not going to have any negative side effects. And you're right, it is water soluble: "B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are water-soluble vitamins that are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day." This means that any excess is excreted through the urine.

Here's some more interesting information: "Case reports and some much earlier non-controlled studies describe a lack of acute or chronic toxic effects of pantothenic acid compounds (calcium or sodium pantothenate, panthenol) at very high doses (approximately 10,000 mg/day in some cases for a number of years), although such levels have been associated with diarrhoea and gastrointestinal disturbances. In more recent, controlled studies (generally carried out to assess the potential benefits of pantothenic acid supplementation in specific subgroups, for example, arthritic patients) no side effects have been reported for pantothenic acid supplementation at levels up to approximately 2000 mg/day, for periods of several days to several weeks. However, the small numbers of participants and short duration of these studies limit the value of the data regarding any potential rare or long-term toxic effects."

So people have been taking 10g+ for over a year and have experienced no side effects.

And you're right, it is water soluble: "B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are water-soluble vitamins that are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day." This means that any excess is excreted through the urine.

And you're right, it is water soluble: "B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are water-soluble vitamins that are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day." This means that any excess is excreted through the urine.

Also, I'd do some searching around, because I've read some people have experienced some horrible (permanent) side effects after taking it for prolonged periods. I know people take it out of desperation to be clear, but think about it. You can't take it forever! It's better to find a solution that is more long-lasting and doesn't have the dangers associated with it. Even accutane would be a better solution than B5, because at least it's a temporary course. For B5 to work, you just have to keep on taking it indefinitely.

Guest T-Virus

I've said this several times before, but B5 made me extremely sick and a year later I'm still sick because of it even though I stopped taking it a year ago. Since taking B5 I've had a lot of health problems, which is why I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I agree, but I think that it can be a useful supplement combined with fish oil capsules if taken at a low dose of 500mg daily. The two are shown to work well together and accentuate each other. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...een+b5+fish+oil

Personally, I plan on taking B5 for the next couple of months at a dose of ~4.5g and then waning down to 500mg. It's really not that expensive either, $10 at Vitamin Shoppe for 300 500mg capsules.

You piss it out. Its water soluble.

I been taking 3 Grams a day for 2 months. I feel absolutely normal. Less oil. Still get acne.

Oh well.

Try fish oil.