Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Prescription was sent in yesterday and it should be ready by Thursday (they had to order it cause they didnt stock it) so...YAY!

Edited to add question: Should I let my skin go without Retin-A until Thursday when I can start using Finacea?

Alright a couple of questions.

I am thinking of ordering Finacea from an Australian Pharmacy online.

I have been using a concoction of BP with Jojoba oil morning and night. And at night as opposed to applying the BP and Jojoba on my forehead, I've been using differin. My forehead still continues to break out. Mostly blackheads and small bumps. So I think it's comodonal acne.

The acne is limited everywhere else, thought I still have blackheads all over my nose and usually have a couple of pimples here and there.

Do you think Finacea would help me? Would it be more effective than the differin?

Also, if anyone knows how long the order will take to ship to the U.S.A from Aust. Let me know :D

I need a quick reply as I'm RUNNING OUT OF DIFFERIN!

Alright a couple of questions.

I am thinking of ordering Finacea from an Australian Pharmacy online.

I have been using a concoction of BP with Jojoba oil morning and night. And at night as opposed to applying the BP and Jojoba on my forehead, I've been using differin. My forehead still continues to break out. Mostly blackheads and small bumps. So I think it's comodonal acne.

The acne is limited everywhere else, thought I still have blackheads all over my nose and usually have a couple of pimples here and there.

Do you think Finacea would help me? Would it be more effective than the differin?

Also, if anyone knows how long the order will take to ship to the U.S.A from Aust. Let me know :D

I need a quick reply as I'm RUNNING OUT OF DIFFERIN!

ive never used differin before so i cant say... but someone on this board who uses finacea (shazzie. she has a thread in this section too) told me she ordered hers from an australian pharmacy (she lives in the UK). although on the website it said international orders take 3-4 weeks, she got hers in a week. im waiting on my order now... i live in canada. its only been 4 days since ive ordered tho.im hoping i'll get it within 1-2 weeks.

How long do you have to use this to see any sort of improvment on red acne marks? and how long do you need to be using it to see the full effects?

i saw improvement on red acne marks shortly after a week and half of using Finacea. I loved it.

I think finacea is great too but it could take a while to really see great improvement.Almost 4 months ago i started with moderate acne that looked really terrible but now im about 95% clear.I think the key is to stick with it and give it a fair chance. I didnt see very good results until around 2 or 3 months into using it

So has any long time Finacea user noticed hypopigmentation with their skin? I have a dark skin tone and the insert says I should look out for that.

i was put on finacea by a derm who works with my regular derm, since i couldn't get in to see her for a couple months i saw the other one. I used it for two days, and was suprised to find a face full of new whiteheads and two deep cyst-like zits. i checked the side effects paper that came in the box, and sure enough, acne is under that category. mind you, it's a very rare side effect, but it's still there. So i stopped using the gel. I know i should give it a couple more weeks to work fully, but i just CANNOT deal with an initial breakout. :(

Are you sure it was the Finacea and not just a normal breakout that would have happened anyways? You did only used it for 2 days.

i'm pretty sure it was the finacea, my face was almost clear with only one active zit when i started, and there was no reason for a breakout to be coming.

don't get me wrong, finacea seems like a wonderful thing. it's just not for me. like i said before, acne was on the list of rare side effects, and for some reason, i am the person who always gets the rare side effects of drugs. :(

Odd you broke out...Finacea is so much a part of my regular schedule that i don't even notice if it's working anymore....it's just like having normal skin with a little bit of acne and small knit picking marks.

Does my skin look out of line? No....does it look normal? Yes....hyper pigmentation and redness? Gone. Inorder to really see if Finacea works for you...take before and 3 week later after pics.

After a while you start to forget what you used to look like before Finacea. I guess you could always stop using it and see what kind of hell you revert back to..but whatever works for you.

As is...i've found my sweet spot. I found a regimen that works....in terms of it clearing me up...and in terms of it working with my time schedule.

Finacea all day w/ light moisturizer......come home...do whatever. Before bed time...i use Duac and an extremely thick, greasy, but very effective Cetaphil moisturizing cream.

Would i say i have acne? No....at this point in time...i would say i have normal skin with typical pimples here and their...nothing not normal for any person.

I can honestly say...Finacea is one of the best products i've used.

Any updates from users of Finacea? I ordered late last week when I first stumbled onto this thread. Haven't received my order from AUS yet.

I found that it didnt work as well as differin. Both together seem to be very effective.

Any updates from users of Finacea? I ordered late last week when I first stumbled onto this thread. Haven't received my order from AUS yet.

Hey SofaKing did you order your Finacea from a particular website?

Hey SofaKing did you order your Finacea from a particular website?

I just googled Australian Pharmacy. Finacea is sold over the counter there. Some of the pharmacies provide international shipping. I don't even remember which particular pharmacy I ordered from.

I found that it didnt work as well as differin. Both together seem to be very effective.

I've been using Differin since Feb and it's been 4 mths. During the usage, I would get 3 days of blemish free skin during sporadic periods. I decided to use MD forte's II glycolic cleanser since I ran out of Jan Marini's and I have 5 pulping cysts on my face right now.

I've tried layering Paula's Choice BHA liquid, or DDF Glycolic Toner with Differin but haven't achieved the results that I like. The closest thing that I've used was Jan Marini's bioclear serum + retinoid product.

The reason why I switched to Differin was because GC (lvl 9, 5 mths) and Diacneal weren't strong enough. I was still getting clogged pores. I might have to try Retin-A soon.

Sorry to go off tangent. I was just wondering if you layered your Finacea with Differin or do you use them separately. If you do layer, which goes on first after washing? Ever since I received Differin 4 mths ago, I've been using it 2x day since my face was use to using retinoids (even though one is retinol and the other is adapalene). Still no luck.

I've been using Differin since Feb and it's been 4 mths. During the usage, I would get 3 days of blemish free skin during sporadic periods. I decided to use MD forte's II glycolic cleanser since I ran out of Jan Marini's and I have 5 pulping cysts on my face right now.

I've tried layering Paula's Choice BHA liquid, or DDF Glycolic Toner with Differin but haven't achieved the results that I like. The closest thing that I've used was Jan Marini's bioclear serum + retinoid product.

The reason why I switched to Differin was because GC (lvl 9, 5 mths) and Diacneal weren't strong enough. I was still getting clogged pores. I might have to try Retin-A soon.

Sorry to go off tangent. I was just wondering if you layered your Finacea with Differin or do you use them separately. If you do layer, which goes on first after washing? Ever since I received Differin 4 mths ago, I've been using it 2x day since my face was use to using retinoids (even though one is retinol and the other is adapalene). Still no luck.

It might itch...other than that...no ....use a nice light moisturizer after you're done letting it dry for 15 min.

I just wanted to add that I absolutely love Finacea! I buy it at my local chemist for under US$20. After using Differin for over 3 years I just wasn't seeing the results I wanted but Finacea has really made a difference even though I mostly have comedonal acne, very rarely anything inflammatory.

I'm interested in finacea. I've looked online and saw Skinoren and AcneDerm. Both are cream. Which one do u guys recommend? If anyone has bought AcneDerm, please pm me bc theres this website I came across where shipping was free, but I dont know if I should trust it (such a good deal)...and I'd like to know where u got your AcneDerm. i did not know they were cream. generally i prefer gel better.

this is good for inflammatory acne too, rite? thats mainly what i get :wall:

alright well it's been 5-6 weeks since I started Finacea, I love how it's faded out a lot of my post acne red/brown marks. But as far as controlling the breakout, I'm still getting a zit or two here and there =(

alright well it's been 5-6 weeks since I started Finacea, I love how it's faded out a lot of my post acne red/brown marks. But as far as controlling the breakout, I'm still getting a zit or two here and there =(

I am on week 5 and although it made a huge difference in the first two weeks, i am now getting new breakouts. I am assuming that i just have to be patient. I will give it 3 months and see where i am up to. It has also made a big difference to my red marks and scaring so its definitely worth it just for that.

I noticed some of ya'll have gotten finacea from australian pharmacies...anyone recommend any specific pharmacy? I am currently paying close to 100 bucks for a 50g tube plus the cost of seeing a doctor and regular health plan bills...its costing a lot. so if i can somehow get finacea otc from australia i would save a lot of money. any recommendations are greatly appreciated. thanks

I noticed some of ya'll have gotten finacea from australian pharmacies...anyone recommend any specific pharmacy? I am currently paying close to 100 bucks for a 50g tube plus the cost of seeing a doctor and regular health plan bills...its costing a lot. so if i can somehow get finacea otc from australia i would save a lot of money. any recommendations are greatly appreciated. thanks

http://www.pharmacydirect.com.au/PD_Welcome.asp

thats the place where i ordered mine. recommended by member Shazzie.

comes in an orange tube. about $30 i think?? cant remember. plus shipping of course.

Hi, I used Finacea for two and a half months and it was horrible. My skin itched like crazy and turned very pale. People were asking me if I was sick! I started using Tazorac gel at night and Benzaclin during the day and my skin looks wonderful so far! (Knock on wood.) I don't know what the problem was--I don't have very sensitive skin (obviously, since I use Taz and Benzaclin), so who knows. It just didn't work for me.

Hi, I used Finacea for two and a half months and it was horrible. My skin itched like crazy and turned very pale. People were asking me if I was sick!

i guess that's the hypopigmentation side effect of Finacea. it hasnt happened to me so far. and i hope it wont ever. sorry it ddnt work out for you. gluck on Tazorac. how long have u been on tazorac? Did you see an initial breakout?