Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my doc just gave me some free samples of finacea.i have alot of red marks from pimples that were once there.he told me to use retin A and finacea.Im guessing maybe putting retina on at night and finacea in the day to take care of the redness from pimples and retin a makes my face very red also.how much does a tube of this stuff go for anyway?I dont think my insurance will pay for it after my free samples run out.has anyone used fanacea and broke out from it?is it ok to use retin a and finacea like retin a durng the night and finacea during the day?my samples of finacea says its 15% gel would this be the strongest form of finacea or is there only one type of drying for this stuff?any info will help thanks

Hey everyone,hope I can get some help

I have post redness and red spots from accutane and found finacea through this website and yahoo.Im from canada and today I went to 2 doctors and asked them for it,both women by the way and to me they sounded angry when I told them about it they were just like NOPE I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT NOPE NOPE and a bit on the defending end and then I tried another time at this other clinic and met with this guy and we had a nice talk and he said he never heard of it and I told him its kind of new and he checked the net and I got a prescription.

So I went to safeway and they said they have never heard of it and apparently you can't get it in canada,but I bet you can but then he called me back and said he could make it (Compound),he said he looked up what it has in it and that he could make it.

So would this be alright? aka would I be technically using the exact same thing as you guys,without the fancy packaging.

also whats a good regime for me. the products I use are cetaphil gently cleanser and cetaphil spf 15 mosti.

Thank you,hopefully I can get help.

15% is Finacea. 20% is Azelex. The difference isn't much, but since i have no tried Azelex I won't comment.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Review-Fi...le-t194294.html

That's a user review based upon trying both.

Finacea for me revamped my entire skin. Texture, feel, smoothness....it made pores look smaller and my skin more even. The redness went away and it was awesome for day time wear.

I see well I called finacea and they said they dont sell in canada so in your opinion would a compound of the ingredients be the same?

like if a pharmacist made it from scratch for me?

Hello everybody.. :D I have mild to moderate acne. I’m on retin-a for 6 months now and obagi nu-derm for 3 months and I’m liking the results. I asked my derm if we can replace retin-a with something I can use during pregnancy coz I don’t want to worry about it if I get pregnant, and she prescribed Finacea. I still get one or two pimples every now and then and the hyperpigmentation due to the 1st 3 months with retin-a is fading. I’m scared to start Finacea because of the warning of hypopigmentation. I’m a Filipino and don’t have very white skin.. What are the odds of me getting it? Is there an initial breakout? And do you really blush when you drink something hot because of it - if so did it go away after a while of using it? I asked my derm about the side effects of Finacea but of course I know the best people to answer me are the users.. So pleeease response... I would really appreciate it.. THanX.. :D

Just ordered it from australia.

Im telling you,if it works on me then this is the best product for red/acne prone skin out.

ive tried everything.

Hello everybody.. :D I have mild to moderate acne. I’m on retin-a for 6 months now and obagi nu-derm for 3 months and I’m liking the results. I asked my derm if we can replace retin-a with something I can use during pregnancy coz I don’t want to worry about it if I get pregnant, and she prescribed Finacea. I still get one or two pimples every now and then and the hyperpigmentation due to the 1st 3 months with retin-a is fading. I’m scared to start Finacea because of the warning of hypopigmentation. I’m a Filipino and don’t have very white skin.. What are the odds of me getting it? Is there an initial breakout? And do you really blush when you drink something hot because of it - if so did it go away after a while of using it? I asked my derm about the side effects of Finacea but of course I know the best people to answer me are the users.. So pleeease response... I would really appreciate it.. THanX.. :D

i used finacea for a few months and i didnt experience any kind of hypopigmentation. i had concerns about it too before i started using it and i asked my derm about the risks of hypopigmentation and was told that she has been prescribing it for years and none of her patients have ever had a problem. i would advise you to start out slow with it. maybe 2-3 times a week and see how it goes. thats what i did and i didnt experience an initial breakout. i did find that when i attempted to use it daily that i started breaking out.

i used finacea for a few months and i didnt experience any kind of hypopigmentation. i had concerns about it too before i started using it and i asked my derm about the risks of hypopigmentation and was told that she has been prescribing it for years and none of her patients have ever had a problem. i would advise you to start out slow with it. maybe 2-3 times a week and see how it goes. thats what i did and i didnt experience an initial breakout. i did find that when i attempted to use it daily that i started breaking out.

thanks brown skin, il try that.. I stopped the retin-a and obagi now, il keep this going for at least 4 days to probably get my skin ready for another drug.. :D and then start on finacea for 3 times a week like you said. I just have another concern though, while you're on finacea did you get red when you drink hot drinks or alcohol.. coz I like alcoholic drinks.. a lot.. :D & im sure everyone doesn't like to get red right away especially if they're not really drunk yet.. :D that sucks.. >>> and also, somewhere in this thread.. i read that (i think it was you) and willow are trying to find out if finacea is good to use 'forever' as a maintenance.. were you able to find out if it is?? i asked my derm about it and she said yes.. but still i want to get it from other users too... and why did you stop? sory so many questions.... but i really really appreciate your help so much... thanks again.. :D

Can u use Finacea on a raw type red mark? This really wasn't even from a pimple, just me scratching at a patch of dry skin instead of exfoliating it. It wasn't ready and I made a scratch, it turned in to a scab which was good, I left it on for about a day and then that night put a bandaid on it w/ vit e so it would come off. It did it was good, then the next day I put a lil makeup on it because it was still a bit pink. It looked too dry so I was wiping it off with a towel, guess I did it too rough for the new skin and it rubbed off and now its kinda raw again and red. It is kinda drying out, can I put finacea on it?

You can put Finacea on red marks whether or not they're from acne. Put a very, very small amount on a specific mark and it should work.

I wore Finacea during the day time. And did all the BP applying during night when I could really apply the moisturizer I needed without worrying about how I looked.

You can switch things around depending on your schedule. Consistency I find works the best.

You can put Finacea on red marks whether or not they're from acne. Put a very, very small amount on a specific mark and it should work.

I wore Finacea during the day time. And did all the BP applying during night when I could really apply the moisturizer I needed without worrying about how I looked.

You can switch things around depending on your schedule. Consistency I find works the best.

Right. My plan of action was to start out exchanging my BP application at night with azaleic acid. If I do not break out, and if I see a my skin lighten up, I definitely want to try it out in the morning.

Do you have any preference between Finacea or Azelex? As of right now, my goal is to reduce the redness of my skin while remaining clear.

Does azaleic acid exfoliate? Since I am on Dan's regimen, and use a tremendous amount of BP, I get a lot of flakes. In order to combat that, I generally exfoliate my skin using an AHA about 2 nights a week. However, if I get lucky and it turns out that azelaic acid works, maybe I will have less flakes because I will be applying BP less, and won't have to use an AHA.

Also, how much of the azelaic acid should I start applying at night? Just a little or a generous amount?

Bump

And btw, does anyone know if I can use the azelaic acid in place of my AHA for exfoliation? I have to exfoliate every 4 days because of benzoyl peroxide.

does Finacea bleach fabrics like BP does? Just wondering as I have never used any type of Retin product. Thanks.

Bump

And btw, does anyone know if I can use the azelaic acid in place of my AHA for exfoliation? I have to exfoliate every 4 days because of benzoyl peroxide.

Azelaic isn't a great surface exfoliant like AHA's are. It is mostly effective with unclogging pores, reducing redness, killing bacteria and reducing inflammation.

Have you tried gentle, manual exfoliation of your skin (with a facial cleansing brush, gentle scrub?). How sensitive is your skin? Do you have much inflamed acne at the moment? If not, then manual exfoliation might be a good option for you.

Another option to consider is mandelic acid. It unclogs pores, reduces redmarks, exfoliates the surface of the skin, and it is also antibacterial.

does Finacea bleach fabrics like BP does? Just wondering as I have never used any type of Retin product. Thanks.

No, Finacea doesn't bleach fabrics, hair, or eyebrows!! :)

I just started using Finacea about 2 days ago. I only apply it at night after I wash my face, I haven't really noticed any improvements so far, it's too early. The only thing that I don't like about it so far is that it feels really grainy upon application, the cream glides really smoothly at first and then starts to get grainy when it dries. The good thing is that I apply it at night, so it doesn't matter because I go to bed right after, if I applied it in the morning and I tried to apply makeup afterward, it would be a huge problem!

When I searched the topic of Finacea some people said it did nothing for their comedonal acne, I was hoping that it would help with that because I have a lot of it. I also have tons of red marks, which i'm hoping the Finacea will fade. Currently, i'm living off the samples that my derm gave me, I have my subscription, but I have not dropped it off. I hear Finacea is really expensive, even with insurance. Is this true? I have Blue Shield/Blue Cross

I have blue shield also. it was expensive for me but it should last for a very long time! it cost me about $110.00.... But aczone also works but that is very expensive and usually only lasts a month... aczone is about $115.00

I have blue shield also. it was expensive for me but it should last for a very long time! it cost me about $110.00.... But aczone also works but that is very expensive and usually only lasts a month... aczone is about $115.00

I did end up getting my prescription when the samples were all used up, the Finacea cost me $50 my jaw dropped when I heard the pharmacist give me the price. It's so expensive! Luckily my derm gave me a coupon for $10 off. However, the coupon can only be used once. :(

I have been using Finacea for about 3 weeks, so far I have seen slight improvement. It stops pimples from fully forming. My red marks are slowly fading. It's OK I guess. I'm not sure if I will fill another prescription once i'm done with the one I have now. If I don't notice any huge improvements once I have used this one up, I won't refill. It's very expensive.

My derm just prescribed this for me. Does anyone know if it's ok to use while breastfeeding? My derm. knows I am breastfeeding and says it is safe, but I just like to aske around as well.