Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello. My name is Adam. I am here to instruct you on what Finacea is, how to use it, and what to expect. I'm also here to debunk those bullshit "Retins" once and for all. I'm sick of people suffering over something that isn't consistent.

First off....

Q: What is Finacea?

A: Finacea is a natural occurring Acid, more specifically known as Azelaic Acid.

Q: What does Finacea do?

A: Finacea works topically by shedding skin at a rapid rate, while also reducing redness by large amounts, typically you can expect to see huge results in 2-4 weeks, but expect the first week to see some significant results.

Q: Where can i find some other information about Finacea?

A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azelaic_acid

A: http://www.finacea.com/html/switching/index.html

A: http://www.drugs.com/finacea.html

Q: I heard Finacea is used to treat Roseacea, what if i don't have Roseacea?

A: Finacea is used to treat both, Roseacea and acne Roseacea, also acne not due to Roseacea, it was developed to get rid of acne, while helping Roseacea suffers deal with the "Redness" They experience everyday.

Q: What makes Finacea so much better than a "Retin" ?

A: Well that's a long one....but thankfully it's easy to answer. First off Finacea works by shedding the skin much faster than normal, which unclogs pores and also prevent pores from getting clogged. It has antibacterial properties so it's also effective at killing P. Bacteria which causes Acne. Finacea also is currently the best solution you can use for redness relief, it is simply amazing in how well it gets rid of red marks and red areas on your face, or i suppose any other place on your body. Finacea also isn't irritating, and it doesn't leave you with a dry, chapped face. Finacea simply isn't drying or irritating. It's quite put, the gentlest, yet most effective acne solution to date.

Q: Does Finacea cause photo sensitivity like every "Retin" ?

A: No, Finacea can be worn during the day WITHOUT a sun block or sun screen. Finacea does not make you easier to get sun burned like every "Retin" i know does.

Q: C'mon, where is the down side to this product?

A: I'm not going to lie, the only downfall is that it's a topical and you have to apply it....but personally, my skins is smooth as a babies ass, looks great and i am 99% clear with NO RED MARKS OR REDNESS! Some people report mild stinging, but it doesn't seem to be an apparent problem with the majority...it would appear a small percentage report a little tingling or stinging, but i have yet to experience this. On the other hand, what "Retin" doesn't cause irritation, stinging or burning? Don't be afraid though, 95% of you won't have any problems wearing it.

Q: Where do i obtain this gift from god?

A: Any dermatologist should be more than happy to give you some free samples, make sure he hands you enough for about 2-3 weeks....you'll want to make sure you like it....but as said again...there isn't no down time with Finacea...YOU WILL NOT HAVE AN IB, you see results as soon as you apply it....not 12 weeks from now.

Q: How long does Finacea take to work?

A: Right away, no IB, no BS. 2 weeks is enough to do a before and after picture were you will see a WOW difference.

Q: How should i apply Finacea?

A: Finacea can be worn in the day, night or afternoon. Just apply to a freshly washed, clean, and dry face. Let it dry for 10 mins and add an optional moisturizer. Moisturizer on the other hand isn't needed if you see fit, as Finacea isn't drying by any means...a very light moisturizer can be applied for comfort.

Q: Should Finacea be a substitute for my Benzaclin / Duac / BP ?

A: No, although you very well could stay afloat on Finacea alone, you're better off using Finacea once a day....otherwise use your normal products....assuming you're NOT using a "Retin"....if you're using a "Retin", then save it, but don't use it...i'd say throw it away because Finacea will trash it beyond compare, but i'm not evil enough to make you waste money. Also for a side note....areas were you do not get acne very often, or it's an area that is mild and get's red if you apply a BP to it...then just simply put Finacea on it instead of a BP. It'll be less red, and nearly as effective as treating the area in terms of just getting rid of the acne, in terms of redness, it'll be significantly less noticeable.

Q: Why did i make this topic?

A: I love Finacea.....it's the only thing i can use that actually WORKS. Go figure. It's also the only thing i can wear in the day time...everything else has either been to drying, too irritating , and too noticeable...to the point were people KNEW i had something on. I am a huge fan of Finacea and a big hater on "Retinoids" ....i think they're pointless, when everything they do, Finacea does better, and without any down time or waiting.

Finacea is the true, no BS product. Don't get Finacea because of me typing this....get it so you can thank yourself in a couple of weeks.

yep i've used finacea before, it's good stuff, unfortunately not as good as you make it sound, but i still like it. but i also like retin a. (you can use both together incidentally)

:eh: meh.....Differin and Taz told me different. 6 months for each product is far too long to wait for results. When something works for me right away, along with others to claim the same, then i'm more than sure it's better than any "Retinoid"

Guest The Effendi

You definitely know your stuff, I LOVE Finacea.

Although, if you have seasonal allergies, it

could bother you, 'cause I read azelaic acid

is made from wheat. Kinda neat connection,

huh? ;)

Background: Twenty percent azelaic acid gel is recommended as a topical treatment for acne due to its favorable profile. Aim: Our objective in this study was to evaluate the efficacy of 20% azelaic acid gel in the treatment of mild to moderate acne vulgaris. Methods: This was a double blind, randomized clinical trial. Sixty patients with mild to moderate acne vulgaris were selected randomly to receive either azelaic acid gel or the vehicle gel alone. Patients were followed up every 15 days for a period of 45 days. The number of lesions and the acne severity index (ASI) were recorded and compared using Student's t-test. Results: Total lesion count was reduced by 60.6% and 19.9% by azelaic acid gel and the placeborespectively (P =0.002). ASI was reduced by 65.2% and 21.3% by azelaic acid gel and the placebo respectively (P =0.001), i.e., azelaic acid gel was 3.06 times more effective than the placebo in reducing ASI. Conclusion: Azelaic acid gel can be used as an effective treatment in mild to moderate acne vulgaris.

sounds pretty effective to me. these results are about the same for tretinoin but faster results, all the studys ive read for tretinoin were done over 12 weeks this one is 45 days so pretty impressive.

A good topical regimen i would think would be tazorac and azelaic acid. since they are the most effective topicals that ive seen.

the thing is though... does finacea or azeliac acid lose its efficiency overtime? is this the same thing as klaron... anyone please help

the thing is though... does finacea or azeliac acid lose its efficiency overtime? is this the same thing as klaron... anyone please help

Isn't Klaron a topical antibiotic? That is why it lost efficency overtime. Azelic acid is not an antibiotic

Azelaic Acid doesn't lose it's efficiency overtime...it's good for a very ...VERY long time...

But through continued use...you'll find that it'll last you only 2-3 months at most...

And yes...Although 20% is recommend for Acne...i think Finacea has something else in it that reduces the redness more....since it's for Rosacea sufferers

IDK...i myself just heard of the 20% version...

Azelaic Acid doesn't lose it's efficiency overtime...it's good for a very ...VERY long time...

But through continued use...you'll find that it'll last you only 2-3 months at most...

And yes...Although 20% is recommend for Acne...i think Finacea has something else in it that reduces the redness more....since it's for Rosacea sufferers

what'll last you 2 -3 months? a tube?

what'll last you 2 -3 months? a tube?

The 50g tube will last about 2-3 months....depending on how much you use and how often...

but since i use it in the morning completely on my face, and then at night on my cheeks, nose and side chin area's, i really do go through it faster than most people.

I am not yet to the 2-week mark. But the areas I had really mild acne (nose and forehead) it is gone. My cheeks are still a mess, matter-fact my red marks looked worse (which I expected) now they seem to be lightening a bit. I hope they go away completely :pray: I'll keep you updated.

As far as the tingling and itching, it is weird, one time it will itch (only lasts about an hour) and then the next time it won't :shrug:

Yeah...Finacea is the only thing that can keep my nose clear...

My nose otherwise has TONS of blockage....between blackheads and whiteheads Finacea is the only thing to stop them...

Like not even Duac or Benzaclin could stop my nose from looking like shit...and Duac and Benzaclin can keep every other part of my face clear.

I really do stand by Finacea to this day...my cheeks, nose and overall face look much better and even...

Does your skin seem to be smoother though? If it does....that's a good sign that it's shedding your skin rapidly and you're not wearing all those dead skin cells...

so here's a thought/question, if you start off on Finacea for a while and then make the switch to a retinoid like a Tretinoin, logically you should expect very little to no IB correct? Since Finacea has cleared most of your pores.

No, because Finacea hasn't actually gone and changed the thickness of your skin....Retins mess with your skin layers...they make them thicker/thiner....if you have any acne while you use a Retin, it'll make it 10 times worse.

If you have absolutely no Acne, and want to use a Retin for vanity purposes...then you'll be fine...otherwise, expect 12 weeks of hell....not to mention..it just plain out, might not even work for you at all.

Also.....what's the point of going to a Retin once you've used Finacea? Finacea has done all the work of a Retin, without any of the fall backs that Retins are notorious for....you'd be almost stupid, to even consider switching to a Retinoid, if Finacea has indeed worked for you.

How long did it take for you to see results? I've been using it for slightly more than a week and I havent really seen much improvements. I seem to have more clogged pores and whiteheads. I was using retin a before and it was not too bad. The itchiness is driving me crazy. urgh.

i used to be on azalex in the morning and retin-a at night with 100mg of minocycline..seemed to work well for me, anyone else tried this combination?

How long did it take for you to see results? I've been using it for slightly more than a week and I havent really seen much improvements. I seem to have more clogged pores and whiteheads. I was using retin a before and it was not too bad. The itchiness is driving me crazy. urgh.

Look, Adam is just a superb salesman. But Finacea is not a miracle product. It will take some time to see results. Slightly more than a week is not enough time to say if something works or not.

Give it 4 weeks before giving it the boot

Hi There

After our other thread got closed, i am joining this one :-)

I am on day two of Finacea. So far my skin looks a little irritated by it! Bit red and dry. However, its nothing compared to retin A.

Keep ya posted.

How it's working for you Klvoe?

So far, so good. It's been a little over a week. My skin tone is evened out and looks like it belongs to me again. I still have some red marks that will eventually fade over time, but I've only had a few small new break outs since I started. I don't think they are connected to the azelex.

I use it twice a day, even though perhaps I would probably keep more breakouts at bay with a azelex + duac combo.

But I will be sticking to it, and I think anyone who isn't seeing "immediate" results should to - I am getting results in a week that would've taken much longer with Retin A.

hey adam, is it normal to feel itchiness after you apply the finacea? And has anyone experienced any sort of breakout while on Finacea?

Yeah...sometime it feels a bit itchy....but before that happens..i put a moisturizer on...

Finacea is sorta weird...sometimes it'll itch a little bit to the point were it bothers you out of annoyance...not so much as unbearable itching....and then sometimes and most of the time, it's fine and you don't even know you have it on.

You shouldn't have any breakouts from it..

I am on day three of Finacea and i now have extremely dry skin......its terribly flakey. I am hoping that this will subside eventually.

However, i can see that the red marks are going and i have no new spots! Every cloud has a silver lining. :shifty: