Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fut

Acne is not as bad as it seems

How does this help us?

Try hard to not focus on your acne - no on else does so why should you

Try extra hard to not feel your bumps - you shouldn't be touching your face anyways

Realize whenever you feel your acne that no one else does - it means nothing to other people!

word. interesting 1/3 perspective

n its true i look harder @ other ppls skin just because they have flawless and i dont.. but that has faded away tho

In fact it's even less than 1/3, you know why?

Because while we are focusing on our own problems while talking to them, they are focus on theirs when talking to us. For instance, they may be wondering what we think of their weight, their outfit, their facial features, their breathe, hair, etc.

So in the end, no one is really paying attention to anything but ourselves except for the times we decide to stop worrying about ourselves and actually focus on them, which is probably not as often as we'd like.

true say. perspective is everything. it will make or break your life.

this morning my mom was like... "what happened here? did u get a bug bite?" *points to cheek where i got a massive cyst*... lol. i was annoyed at first but i just thought to myself... WHATEVERRR.. its just a pimple. life goes on.

That's exactly what my attitide is like, people at school really don't care what my face looks like, and even if they do, they don't comment cuz they know, Simy's going to have a comeback for that.It's not that I'm mean or anything it's just I have this totally set personality. And even if they do burn me i take it like a woman and i laugh with them,not only because of their pathetic attempt to emotionally hurt me, becuase it is really either entended to ba a joke OR you know they are insecure, you can see it in their eyes.

Ever since going through the acne myself, i've started having this favouritism for people with Acne. I give them extra attention... make sure they feel comfy etc. Is this stupid? You reckon people with acne would feel a bit sus and worse if they knew i was just doing it cause i felt bad for them? Well chances are they won't find out because it's awfully subtle what i do. But they appear to be really appreciative of the attention i give them.

Acne is debilitating, but it's really all mental. It's not something to shrug off, but it's also not the end of the world, so to speak.

Ever since going through the acne myself, i've started having this favouritism for people with Acne. I give them extra attention... make sure they feel comfy etc. Is this stupid? You reckon people with acne would feel a bit sus and worse if they knew i was just doing it cause i felt bad for them? Well chances are they won't find out because it's awfully subtle what i do. But they appear to be really appreciative of the attention i give them.

So very true. One of my best friends had very bad acne and it didn't make her any less of a person in my eyes. ha it's kind of funny how things work out

It's common knowledge that the way we perceive acne on ourselves is much worse then others perceive it. I'll tell you why

We don't only see acne, but we FEEL it on our faces. We TOUCH it. We FOCUS on it in the mirror.

Your friends, your family, ANYONE else doesn't feel, or touch, or focus on it. All they do is see it. So it's really only 1/3 as bad as you perceive it. Even less so because rarely will anyone FOCUS on your acne. Try looking yourself in the eye in the mirror, if your focus is on your own eyes, your face is somewhat blurred out!

How does this help us?

-Try hard to not focus on your acne - no on else does so why should you

-Try extra hard to not feel your bumps - you shouldn't be touching your face anyways

-Realize whenever you feel your acne that no one else does - it means nothing to other people!

My 2 cents.

I don't care too much about what other people think about it, but I'm sure that people DO see and do care. Girls find me alot more interesting on days that I don't have acne than when I don't.

But even though I don't care so much about what other people think of it, I still care myself. They often hurt or itch like shit and you have to think about them in every thing you do. I don't want to be a fucking health freak but acne forces me to watch everything I eat, to take pills, to apply creams, take special care when shaving, sleep on my back so my face won't touch my pillow, being sure not to rest my face in my hand etc. etc. I just want to live easily and worriless, and acne prevents me from doing that.

bullcrap

everyone notices this shit on our faces

Ofcourse they do. It's still not nearly as bad as you think it is.

bullcrap

everyone notices this shit on our faces

Ofcourse they do. It's still not nearly as bad as you think it is.

Informal fallacy could be valid. Arguments?

It is easy to think of fallacy having validity, it is all based on the logic of the argument. I think we need to speak of soundness. Validity does not equal truth.

Emotional and philosophical effects of acne? no ;) hehe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

When it comes to the emotional discussions of something, yes, there is gonna be some big time fallacies, fuck-ups, and all around freak-outs. Why?

Because humans are emotional creatures. You either deal with that, or go insane trying NOT to.

Acne is a hell of a thing, but it has made me more compassionate. Therefore, for me, not as bad at it seems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

When it comes to the emotional discussions of something, yes, there is gonna be some big time fallacies, fuck-ups, and all around freak-outs. Why?

Because humans are emotional creatures. You either deal with that, or go insane trying NOT to.

Acne is a hell of a thing, but it has made me more compassionate. Therefore, for me, not as bad at it seems.