Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do any of you worry that using the same towel over and over after showering may contribute to your acne? Is this a realistic concern or am I being paranoid. Have any of you tried using a fresh clean towel after every shower? Did it make a difference?

I am very paranoid about that and never rinse my face using the same cloth or use the same towel after a shower. I think it is important to use clean cloths/towels every time because a lot of things growww on wet things.. lol It is a very realistic concern. I don't think using the same towel to dry your body for a couple showers is -too- much of a crime.. because your body can handle a lot more than your face can it seems. BUT, if your problem is 'body acne', then you may want to just be safe. smile.gif

sj

Yes. I think I actually read it on these message boards-not sure. But I read that you should change your towels often because bacteria grows quickly with the dampness. You should also wash your pillow case often.

Sylva smile.gif

I think its pretty disgusting if your not using a fresh towel after each shower regardless if you have acne or not. =

Using a fresh towel just feels right...it probably does make a difference (it must...)

Think I've mentioned this before, but at night before I go to bed I get a clean towel to dry my face with and then shower with the next morning. Then I use that towel to put around the sink so water doesn't get everywhere and repeat.

Yea, I guess using a fresh clean towel every time would be best, but I take two showers nearly everyday. Using a fresh towel each time would require 12 -14 clean towels per week. Disgusting or not, I'll be damned if I'm going to do that much laundry. Maybe if I were living at home with my parents and I could just make my mom do it. What I've been doing is simply drying my face off with a seperate towel. This face towel is only used on the face, not on the body or head even. I rotate the face towel every other day or two and rotate the body towel every five days or so. This way I can keep a reasonably fresh towel for my face and not have to wash towels every single week.

Be nice. If you're concerned enough to write about it you probably should just go ahead and use a fresh towel every day. I think that's pretty healthy. Because just thinking that it might have germs or be 'dirty' would plant the seed in your head and thus create some psychological stress and promote acne. Nothing wrong with keepin' it clean. Better safe than broken out.

Get a pack of 30 cheap wash cloths for $5 and use them to dry your face. Then you can use a different one every day, or each time you wash your face, and you still won't have to do laundry very often.

I use kleenex to dry my skin in the mornings when I'm in the hurry, and let my face dry naturally (its really quick, takes less than a minute). To me, this is much better than using a towel to dry the face