Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How irritating / drying is the clean and clear continous control acne wash? I'm currently washing with the purpose extra gentle cleansing bar in the morning and at night. The bar is moderately drying and as long as I slather on aloe after using it, it does not bother me. The problem with it is that while it does clear dirt and oil, it does not contain any acne fighting ingrediants. I'm thinking of switching to the clean and clear wash at night because it contains benzoyl peroxide but I'm worried that it will be very drying. So, my question to those of you that use it is this; how does it compare to the purpose bar in terms of dryness? Is it gentler or is it more irritating? Also, does the clean and clear wash remove dirt and oil well?

I have been using it for about.. maybe 5 nights now? So far I am very pleased. The first morning when I woke up, my face was dry.. but I am finding that each night I use it again, my skin is adjusting. I do worry that it leaves residue on my skin.. and I don't know how to tell if it is clogging my pores or not I guess until I break out (if indeed it does). I wish I could know. **How can I tell? BUT anyways, I'm happy with it and I think it's worth a try. I actually broke out with a few new pimples a few days ago but they are clearing very quickly and i'm thinking that it is the wash that is helping. I also use the bp (2.5% - neutrogena) at night time after I wash, and before I use the C&C wash, I wash with the neutrogena oil-free acne wash. I like the idea of using the salicylic acid and then the bp. I'm going to buy the C&C blackhead clearing scrub. I feel like trying some new things and i've been reading so many threads about those. Anyways, i'm just chatting now. lol

Take care,

sj

Well, I tried the clean and clear wash in the shower tonight. I doesn't seem to be too drying so far but gosh 10% BP seems awful harsh. It also doesn't feel like it cleans away dirt and oil that well either, but its tough to tell. When I used it, it gave me a weird almost icy tingling feeling especially around my mouth and chin. I guess thats the BP, so maybe its working or doing something. Anyway, I guess I'll give it a week and see what happens.

Over dryness = fooling the skin into thinking it needs to produce more oil.

Never ever use a facewash that leaves ur face very tight.You'll end up breaking out worse.

The cause of acne lies beneath the skin.....its not an external problem.

Gentle washing is the way to go.....and plain lukewarm/warm water in the shower is the best way to go.......nothing else.

This way the skin maintains its natural balance and you wont break out as much in the long run.........although unfortunately you will still break out.

People are wasting their money with all these cleansers.

They wont solve your problem and you'll end up alot worse.

I've tried 101 cleansers n no matter what I've used,it still ends up unblanced and oil is overproduced.

Im on plain water now and things are improving.

I've alot of experience with the condition having had it 15 years.

Well, maybe washing with only water in the shower will work for you, but I need to cleans my skin in the shower. I get back from the gym or after going for a run, and my whole body is oily and covered with sweat. Luke warm water just isn't going to get it off. Someone made the analogy of trying to wash grease off of a dishpan with plain water. It isn't going to work. I hear you though, using a lot of cleansers and anti bacterial agents in general is not good. My acne is relatively mild. I still get a pimple or two here or there, and BP always seems to clear them up fairly well, but the whole problem is that even when I use mild 2.5% BP lotion at night, my skin gets too dry. That is why I was thinking that if I used something in the shower that I can wash off right away as opposed to a lotion that I leave on, I might experience less irritation. Anyway, I really think that clearlight might be something that would work well for me. People claim that it works well on mild acne but I live and work in Minneapolis and I have no idea where to go to get it.

I'm with datsyuk here (great analogy! haha).. It may be enough for you, Circle, but not for us. My skin is clear thanks to the products I use now. biggrin.gif

sj