Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Does the cleanser deep cleanse?

I have a general question, how can I be ensured that the cleanser cleans deep enough, or if it simply just acts as close to water? It feels really good, I just want to be sure if it's as effective as it "feels" to my skin. I know the mods had to do testing with it, so is there any information during that process that could possibly help me understand better? Thank you for your time :)

Well, what is deep cleansing? What do you expect a cleanser that has "deep cleansing" properties to do that normal cleansers don't? All the cleansers I've ever seen marketed as "deep cleansers" have been your basic cream acne washes, with salicylic acid + alcohol + menthol ingredients that sting to make you feel like they're working, but are just unnecessarily drying, the salicylic acid isn't even on the skin long enough to do anything beneficial as far as unblocking clogged follicles. So no, since Dan's cleanser isn't one of those sting your face SA cleansers, it's not a "deep cleanser", but it's a good cleanser in that it removes surface oil and whatnot without drying your skin out too much and is at the proper pH so that your skin's acid mantle isn't weakened.

The cleanser is a basic gentle cleanser that cleans the surface of the skin.

According to Dr. Fulton in his book AcneRX, there is no such thing as a "deep" cleaning. On page 18 of his book is the following:

"Despite current skin-care lingo, you cannot cleanse "deep down inside the pore". You can only clean the surface of the skin. It is physically impossible to go deep into the pores. All the "deep cleansing" you hear about is just skin-care hype."

So, a cleanser is only meant to do one thing, clean the surface of the skin. This helps it be ready to receive the acne medication of your choice. Dan's cleanser will do just that.

Thank you guys!

That really does make sense, I never knew that, about how cleansers usually never "deep" clean and it was a term based on marketing. It makes perfect sense though. I appreciate the feedback! It does it's job very well and makes me feel pretty clean.

This would be my question: I've suggested to my son that he wash his face before his basketball games because the BP will bleach his shirt. So, in fact, he's taking a shower now before games. Unfortunately, the shirt is still becoming bleached. With every game there is a new sweat swipe streak on the arms or some other bleached patch on the chest or neck areas. So this makes me wonder if it's not possible to completely wash off the embedded BP or if he is simply not washing thoroughly with the cleanser. I think he's a little nervous not having BP on for the couple of hours that he's off at a game, but I see no other way around not bleaching the shirt.

Thanks for all your help around here; you all are awesome!

Ruthie

This would be my question: I've suggested to my son that he wash his face before his basketball games because the BP will bleach his shirt. So, in fact, he's taking a shower now before games. Unfortunately, the shirt is still becoming bleached. With every game there is a new sweat swipe streak on the arms or some other bleached patch on the chest or neck areas. So this makes me wonder if it's not possible to completely wash off the embedded BP or if he is simply not washing thoroughly with the cleanser. I think he's a little nervous not having BP on for the couple of hours that he's off at a game, but I see no other way around not bleaching the shirt.

Thanks for all your help around here; you all are awesome!

Ruthie

Maybe he could try this order of cleansing in the shower: shampoo, conditioner, wash face (to remove BP and any shampoo/conditioner that might have made it on there, which can cause more acne), wash body (to remove BP that rinsed off of the face that might be on his back, chest, and arms now). Maybe a second wash of the face and body would do the trick before he's done in the shower. I think he might want to use a little moisturizer or jojoba after doing that, though, just so his face isn't uncomfortably dry.

The purpose of cleansing is simply to remove surface oils and prep the skin for BP. Removing these oils does not do anything for acne. Rather, the removal of these oils allows the BP to penetrate better. Our cleanser is specifically designed to remove these oils while not stripping the skin too much. That's why it leaves your skin feeling clean but not overly dry.