Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeachyLeo

side effect already??

hi all,

i'm on accu for 3 days only so far -- and last night i had a little bit of red blood in my stool. had anyone else had this?? i really really don't want to have to stop taking it, but i'm also worried this is serious.

thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's normal to experience this. I forgot how people on here treat this, but I'm sure if you do a search on the forum you will find some answers. Good luck.

hi all,

i'm on accu for 3 days only so far -- and last night i had a little bit of red blood in my stool. had anyone else had this?? i really really don't want to have to stop taking it, but i'm also worried this is serious.

thanks!

Hi. Rectal bleeding is unfortunately one potentially serious side effect. You really should call your dermatologist and tell him/her about the bleeding, particularly if you have never experienced rectal bleeding before.

This is a normal side effect.

If the blood is bright red (like something from a normal cut) it might be from a cut in the rectum from straining because of a dry stool, although so soon into the course I doubt this is the cause (unless you have prior history with this sort of thing).

If the blood is darker, this is definitely cause for concern, and you should probably stop the pills and call your doctor, as this is indicative of an internal cause.