Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaybee

Getting rid of acne in the summer

There are things that make me happy...

One of them is seeing new scientific reports proving what I've been saying all along.

The latest one, on sun light and its effects on the human body is about to emerge.

Its VERY important for acne sufferers to take this into consideration so I figured I'd share the good news. *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*

"But research into vitamin D is suggesting both a plausible answer to this medical puzzle and a heretical notion: that cancers and other disorders in rich countries aren't caused mainly by pollutants but by a vitamin deficiency known to be less acute or even non-existent in poor nations."

It continues " But perhaps the biggest bombshell about vitamin D's effects is about to go off. In June, U.S. researchers will announce the first direct link between cancer prevention and the sunshine vitamin. Their results are nothing short of astounding."

And finally, "Only brief full-body exposures to bright summer sunshine — of 10 or 15 minutes a day — are needed to make high amounts of the vitamin. But most authorities, including Health Canada, have urged a total avoidance of strong sunlight or, alternatively, heavy use of sunscreen. Both recommendations will block almost all vitamin D synthesis."

I think by heavy use of sunscreen, they mean that it was recommended that you use sunscreen every time you go outside, and using high SPF's.