Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Real BucK

Question about Lac-hydrin Five Moisturizing Lotion

Do the people who use this use it as a daily moisturizer? Or is it more like an AHA? I have been content with Cetaphil SPF 15 but Lac-hydrin Five Moisturizing Lotion has better reviews. Thanks.

yeah I use it morning and night. on the back of the bottle it says for best results use twice daily. im not really sure what the alpha hydroxy acid does but if im correct it fades red marks?

Lac Hydrin 5 has 5% lactic acid in it, so it's a mild AHA lotion that will give you the hydrating benefits of a good moisturizer, but also with some extra exfoliating properties. Used over time (a few months), AHAs can diminish flakiness and give your skin a smoother, almost glow to it really from having all the dead skin removed. It also sped up the fading of my red marks. I don't know if I'd recommend using it twice a day, obviously you'd see results faster if you did, but some people need time to adjust to AHAs just like with BP, so you don't want to go nuts with it. It also doesn't have SPF, and since both BP and AHA can make your skin more easily damaged by UV rays, if you use it during the day you definitely need to have some kind of sunblock along with it.

i use it in the morning and other moisturizer at night

its kinda greasy for like 30 minutes but it goes away

Can anyone tell me if it leaves any residue on top of the BP?

I've just ordered two bottles so I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't.

I use it twice a day. The first few days my face was a little red and irritated, but after that it went away. Now I have absolutely no irritation and I really love Lac Hydrin.

I use it twice a day. The first few days my face was a little red and irritated, but after that it went away. Now I have absolutely no irritation and I really love Lac Hydrin.
Do the people who use this use it as a daily moisturizer? Or is it more like an AHA? I have been content with Cetaphil SPF 15 but Lac-hydrin Five Moisturizing Lotion has better reviews. Thanks.

If you are happy and getting good results with your current moisturizer, there is no need to switch.

Yeah I've been using it for 2 days now and it gives me this burning sensation for a while. It should go away soon though right?

Most people get accustomed to the acid over time, however those with very sensitive skin may continue to feel that burning sensation. If it is uncomfortable, since you liked the Cetaphil spf lotion, you could use the LHF at night and use the Cetaphil during the day.